Rock Band 3 Packs 102-button Pro-Guitar

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
@gm0n3y : Pick the analogy you prefer, but the statement is the same. You don't have to learn to do something if all you want to do is play a game. I'm not even being pejorative with the owrd play here. You could be a rocket surgeon and if what you want to do in your free time is play a fake plastic guitar, knock yourself out.

Yes, learning to play a game demand time and effort. Be it learning to raid in a MMO, aiming for headshots in a FPS or mastering tactics in a RTS. The only difference here is the controller.

My point is that there is huge line between a game and a RL activity, even if they are closely similar. Now, if you could learn to play a real guitar with the same amount of time and effort you put in a game like RB, we wouldn't even be arguing.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@zak_mckraken,

Fair enough, I just feel that for the effort / time it takes to learn to excel in Guitar Hero / Rock Band, you could become a decent beginner guitar player.

flachet

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
I've seen several people that play guitar, that can't play GH or RB.

It's great to hear "Learn to play a real guitar" and then be able to turn around and say "Learn to play a fake one".

Status
Not open for further replies.