Rockstar Teases Trailer for New Grand Theft Auto Title

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I hope that "V Five" with some stripes as seen on currency means that we will be able to get some assets in Single Player at least? Maybe even use them in MP? I loved the ease and variety in San Andreas but I loved the idea of purchasing assets in Vice City too. Hope it;s going to be a mix of both with decent graphics; and by graphics, please bring some nice colors, enough of those grays like in GTA IV. Too dull.. Can't wait to see what is the trailer about!

G

Only thing i really don't like about GTA IV is annoying calls from Nikos friends. It would be nice if those calls would happen 5 or more times less.
And i have to admit i liked it more than VC, storywise. Cant tell about SA, havent finished it yet.

iceman1992

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
i hope they make the story as good as SA. SA is the only GTA that i still want to replay over and over. combine a SA-level storyline and GTA4+ graphics, and we'll have the game of the year

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]stereopsis[/nom]What, I get a -1 because I like that they are bringing out a new game?[/citation]

i gave up hope of posters rating with any shred of decceny a long time ago.
Seen people gets -'s for just posting thier opinion with out derogatory coments , seen people get -'s just posting at all it's quite rediculous I think

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
GTA4 was technically awesome, but the story was pretty uninspiring and difficult to get into. Despite the 'choices' you had, the story was also very linear.

It almost felt like the bits that made previous GTA's fun, the jokes and the references, were non existant in gta 4.

Vice city is still my favourite however.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]iceman1992[/nom]i hope they make the story as good as SA. SA is the only GTA that i still want to replay over and over. combine a SA-level storyline and GTA4+ graphics, and we'll have the game of the year[/citation]

i actually prefered VC over SA , sure SA was bigger ahd more to do , but maybe it's just my tast , i didnt care for a story based around common geto street thugs , to me GTA was alwasy more of a mafia/organized crime kind of game , and i thought SA stepped away form the organised crime side to much. to me the best one of all time was VC.

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
[citation][nom]iceman1992[/nom]i hope they make the story as good as SA. SA is the only GTA that i still want to replay over and over. combine a SA-level storyline and GTA4+ graphics, and we'll have the game of the year[/citation]
Agree 100%. San Andreas had the right blend of humor through most of the missions to make them memorable and fun. There was so much to do and the radio stations were great. The seemed to have lost most of that in the Upgrade to IV.

LongLiveRock1974

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
For me, it all comes down to DRM. If they use the same DRM in GTA V as they did in GTA IV, I'll be pirating this game. I had a HDD crash and found out I can never install the game again because I didn't deactivate it first. Fukkers!

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I have owned and played pretty much every GTA game there is to get including GTA London for the ps1. Vice City is the best by far the most enjoyable GTA game there is. Story wise nothing else really comes close and actual game play is fantastic. GTA SA was a great game as well not as good as Vice City but still better than GTA IV. GTA IV has it's upsides but it has a crappy story overall. Bad music and horrible performance.

G

Storyline of GTA IV is not perfect, but it is still good and still better then most of the games out there. If game has no descent storyline, its hard to keep interested in SP campagin. Of course getting bigger gun later can motivate a little, but nothings better then nice storyline.

G

Lets just hope it's not watered down to get the whinney ass parents off their case because it to violent for their kids to play. I want a true GTA not a lame version of it due to lame restrictions.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
As GTA IV proved, graphics alone does not make a good game. Compare GTA IV to Vice City - in my opinion IV is just showmanship by comparison. Vice City has so many elements at play, most notably the whole 80's scene which was done perfectly. San Andreas is 6 times bigger than GTA III and Vice City put together and yet, like GTA IV, it's a game looking for an identify. The only thing that saved San Andreas - a game never designed for multi-player - was the gaming community's efforts in adding a multi-player element. GTA III and Vice City had this feature bolted on (still being worked on), but it didn't need multi-player to be good. The storyline, concept and execution were good enough to keep you engrossed.

Make the game original and nostalgic. Make it open. Make it playable. Make it customizable. Make it so that you can pick it up and do what you like. You don't need 6 cores and 4 graphics cards to do that. I just tire of games trying to out-do each other in terms of technicality rather than originality. What did you like about GTA III when it came out, on PS2 and PC? Bring that back, because I think it's been lost..

This game has to draw it's inspiration from somewhere. It's just that after the 70's and 80's.. well you know the rest.

G

Perhaps GTA V will get rid of the moronic "sign up online for something stupid so you can save your game" mechanism.

jeremy88

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
[citation][nom]The fugitive[/nom]Lets just hope it's not watered down to get the whinney ass parents off their case because it to violent for their kids to play. I want a true GTA not a lame version of it due to lame restrictions.[/citation]

Exactly, those moronic parents ought to monitor and discipline their kids rather than bitch at game develops to do their job by toning down the violence and what not in "M" rated games. People will do anything not to take blame for their own irresponsibility.

julianbautista87

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
the gtaIV was the Pentium IV of gaming... I hope this time they make it playable on PC. I still play GTA III, vice city and san andreas and I love these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.