Solved! Roku question

Apr 17, 2019
Hi
I have taped off Roku for years and just upgraded to Roku Premiere Plus and am trying to hook it up to my dvd player/recorder and am having trouble. Any help would greatly be appericated. Yes, I know its old fashion to do it but my older relatives can use a dvd and its easier for them. Thanks
Tina

Solution
The Roku only has HDMI as an output which can't be recorded due to HDCP even if the recorder has an HDMI input.
You may be able to use a 1-2 HDMI distribution amp to provide one HDMI output for your TV and another for an HDMI to AV converter. That converter would connect to the recorder AV input.
It might be simpler to use a Roku Express plus (or your old Roku) which has AV outputs. You could record content for your relatives and not have to watch the same thing at the same time.
The Roku only has HDMI as an output which can't be recorded due to HDCP even if the recorder has an HDMI input.
You may be able to use a 1-2 HDMI distribution amp to provide one HDMI output for your TV and another for an HDMI to AV converter. That converter would connect to the recorder AV input.
It might be simpler to use a Roku Express plus (or your old Roku) which has AV outputs. You could record content for your relatives and not have to watch the same thing at the same time.

Solution