Rubber dome keyboards for gaming

HiDood

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I am changing keyboards and stuck on the option: mechanical or membrane.
I am a gamer, but i am willing to spend money on decent gears. i am not a professional and i think a good gaming mouse is more than enough and a good, mechanical keyboard isnt necessary.
But as more and more people said how awesome mechanical keyboards are, i am really stuck here. i do not have enough money for a mechanical unless i save for 1 month and get a LOW GRADE mechanical keyboard. but saving for 2 weeks can get me a backlit, awesome chiclet or membrane keyboards.
My question: do they really feel THAT good? i am willing to save if it is awesome.
Are they super noisy? my elder sister would prohibit me typing if the noise is too loud and disturbs her(once she told me to turn off my computer just because SHE can't use the internet!)

Seanio

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
Hey HiDood,

Mechanical keyboards are something that you should buy if you have the money, May I suggest the Razer Blackwidow, It has a backlit as well.
If you Don't want to spend too much there is also the Razer Deathstalker, it is a great keyboard also with a backlit.
As to your question, Mechanical Keyboards do feel really good as they curve to your finger where as the Deathstalker (Membrane Keyboard) is flat.

May I ask How much you are willing to spend?

HiDood

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015

i am on a SERIOUSLY TIGHT budget here. I need to save lunch money for 2 weeks for a razer deathstalker essential(meaning $50). but if it really does feel THAT good, i may save for 2 more weeks and get a mechanical. but problem is i will not use it too much. maybe for daily web browsing or for the projects-probably a few hours of typing every 1-2 months.

Seanio

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
Ok, If you are not going to use it too much then go with the razer deathstalker, it may not be as good but it is deffinetly very good.
If I were u, I would go with the deathstalker