Hi. Several months ago my Dell Latitude 3379 motherboard died. I bought a refurb 3379 with the same hardware configuration. Both laptop SSD drives have Windows 10. I simply swapped SSD drives and had been running fine on the refurb laptop. Since then, the left button on the touchpad stopped clicking so I moved to my original 3379 laptop by swapping the SSD drive and motherboard. Everything works fine except I am getting wrong characters for some keys. Here are my findings after pressing all ]keys:
- /k when I type k
- ] for backspace
- \k for \
- ] does not work
- Comma when I hit Enter. Strangely enough when I hit Comma it functions like the Enter key.
- Verified English - United States is the language set under Region and Language
- Verified US QWERTY is set under English - United States,
- Removed all keyboard drivers under Keyboards in Device Manager and reinstalled all drivers
- In Settings, ran the Keyboard troubleshooter and did not have any errors
- Ran regedit and verified that under HKEY_USERSK\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload that 0000409 was set for Value Name 1.