Rumor: Apple May Buy High-End TV Manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

derkman

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
If Apple will ever decide to make a TV this how the process will go:

1. Apple releases a TV. It lacks many features that HDTVs have had for years.

2. Next year, release a new TV with a FEW features that were missing in the first generation and market it as magical and revolutionary.

3. Repeat step 2 over and over for every generation.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]derkman[/nom]If Apple will ever decide to make a product this how the process will go:
1. Apple releases a product. It lacks many features that competing products have had for years.
2. Next year, release a new product with a FEW features that were missing in the first generation and market it as magical and revolutionary.
3. Repeat step 2 over and over for every generation.[/citation]

Corrected.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]derkman[/nom]If Apple will ever decide to make a TV this how the process will go:1. Apple releases a TV. It lacks many features that HDTVs have had for years.2. Next year, release a new TV with a FEW features that were missing in the first generation and market it as magical and revolutionary.3. Repeat step 2 over and over for every generation.[/citation]

You forgot the wash and rinse part. Wait, wait, you forget the part where they start claimig their 1080p display is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

jlats26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Any money the Apple TV will need a "special adapter" for ONE HDMI connection and of course it will not be included and probably have a $79.99 or more price tag.

Oh and I can't wait for the Retina Display it will have (1080p)

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I think it depends, if apple can give me al a carte cable where I pay for the channels I want and not for packages I'd use their service, but i am sceptical if apple tv will be anything mroe than a glorified dvr with voice control all built into one package so that when you want to "upgrade" you have to replace the whole thing, but still if they do it right i'd use it

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
If I was Apple I sure would not look into buying Loewe for my TV production.
They, Loewe, are an outdated company who's glory days are long, long gone !

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Why bother buying a "hi end" ? Just put your logo on any piece of ....; give it a shinny finish; have Samsung make one of those useless highly pixilated displays with pixilation way in excess of the video quality that it will be used for, and zombies will be going gaga over their magical device.... Just dont try to sell it to someone like me.

monsta

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Great now i have to deal with my Apple obsessed friends with another revolutionary product of theirs, I'm really sick of them bragging on about their inferior hardware and constantly ranting on about Apple this apple that........is there an apple free place anywhere, now its hitting their lounge rooms........I feel discriminated

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
If I was Apple I sure would not look into buying Loewe for my TV production.
They, Loewe, are an outdated company who's glory days are long, long gone !

Ummm, does it really matter? A logo with lots of hype can do magic.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Great. Now your 32" LCD instead of 300 bucks became 900 bucks...and your 40" LCD becomes 3K....good...let apple suck more money from their fanboys...they deserve to be sucked. The rest of us will stick to our high quality and cheap LCDs from Sharp, Samsung, Sony and elsewhere.

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Guys, whether you like Apple or not, the Satellite / Cable TV industries need to be revolutionized, just like the smart phone industries few years ago~!

I hate Satellite / Cable more than Apple.....

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
lol you all are wrong.... they will claim that they came up with the first affordable 4k display to go with all those 4k video camera's they make.... oh wait, that is Red, Canon, etc not brown apple.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
just imagining the price on that thing gives me the shivers. if you thought their computers were expensive, this thing is going to cost even more. Im not interested in this either, I only use TVs for rented blu rays and news. I have no doubt the great majority of iSheep barely watch tv also. But theyll buy that expensive piece of furniture to sit in the living room and idolize it, but barely watch anything on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.