Rumor: Best Buy to Have 4 Palm Pre Ea. at Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweak13

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I think this phone is just ugly... There are so many more attractive units out there.[/citation]

Well "grieve" luckily thats not even close to the point of this article.

All aside if it's true I find that very disappointing.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
i really wanted the pre... till it was bound to sprint and i refuse to hopscotch through providers every few years... but also after having played with a nokia e71... i can't say i'd want anything else. some of us just want a physical keyboard without any sliding mechanisms... touch screen is just too niche in my opinion... still have yet to see anyone that does real business use a touch screen smart/pda phone... maybe i just happen to consort with people that need functionality over style.

tweak13

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]i really wanted the pre... till it was bound to sprint and i refuse to hopscotch through providers every few years... but also after having played with a nokia e71... i can't say i'd want anything else. some of us just want a physical keyboard without any sliding mechanisms... touch screen is just too niche in my opinion... still have yet to see anyone that does real business use a touch screen smart/pda phone
... maybe i just happen to consort with people that need functionality over style.[/citation]

Real business? You must live in a cave, countless businesses use blackberries (which are smart phones) for their funcitonality and the ease of management with an enterprise server. Hundreds of people live by their crackberries where I work.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]tweak13[/nom]Real business? You must live in a cave, countless businesses use blackberries (which are smart phones) for their funcitonality and the ease of management with an enterprise server. Hundreds of people live by their crackberries where I work.[/citation]

you must be unable to read entire statements... did you not read the portion where i stated on touch screen smart/pda phones? it seems some people that post on here are just eager to disagree with anyone...

tweak13

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]you must be unable to read entire statements... did you not read the portion where i stated on touch screen smart/pda phones? it seems some people that post on here are just eager to disagree with anyone...[/citation]

I guess everyone is just eager to post something, I could have sworn the storm is exactly that. =/ o well.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]tweak13[/nom]Well "grieve" luckily thats not even close to the point of this article.All aside if it's true I find that very disappointing.[/citation]
To make you happy ill comment on the article....

Who cares if best buy only gets four units per store? The article clearly states ""two Sprint stores in New York City said they expected to get six and nine Pres respectively for launch day.""

They will be everywhere on launch day, pick a store and go get one, Its not going to be the crazy ass iphone rush.

I still think this phone is To make you happy ill comment on the article....

Who cares if best buy only gets four units per store? The article clearly states ""two Sprint stores in New York City said they expected to get six and nine Pres respectively for launch day.""

They will be everywhere on launch day, pick a store and go get one, Its not going to be the crazy ass iphone rush.

I still think this phone is unatractive, im not hackin blackberry... I just think those phone is ugly. im not hackin blackberry... I just think those phone is ugly.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I'm not a big iPhone fan but I don't see anything compelling about the Pre that makes it better than the iPhone. I've read several articles and YouTube coverage on the Pre and over all it seems over-hyped and over-priced. Suddenly the iPhone looks even more attractive. With the Pre the biggest impact for consumers is that iPhones will quickly become available with other carriers. I'm with Sprint right now and wouldn't switch to a Pre. If Sprint had an iPhone... I'd choose it over the Pre anyday. Besides the iPhone will be updated probably within the next 6-9 mos. I'm waiting...

FYI - I AM NOT A APPLE/MAC fan. Go LINUX / PC.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]To make you happy ill comment on the article....Who cares if best buy only gets four units per store? The article clearly states ""two Sprint stores in New York City said they expected to get six and nine Pres respectively for launch day.""They will be everywhere on launch day, pick a store and go get one, Its not going to be the crazy ass iphone rush.I still think this phone is To make you happy ill comment on the article....Who cares if best buy only gets four units per store? The article clearly states ""two Sprint stores in New York City said they expected to get six and nine Pres respectively for launch day.""They will be everywhere on launch day, pick a store and go get one, Its not going to be the crazy ass iphone rush.I still think this phone is unatractive, im not hackin blackberry... I just think those phone is ugly. im not hackin blackberry... I just think those phone is ugly.[/citation]

You are missing a BIG factor about Best Buy. At Best Buy the rebate is instant at the register. If you buy through Sprint, the rebate is mail-in. Hence at Sprint you'll have to front the full cost plus wait 6-8 weeks to get your rebate. Why Sprint doesn't provide the instant rebate??? Probably for some twisted marketing reason but for now the best place to get the Pre will be at BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.