Rumor: Google Preparing to Open Retail Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Google is probably one of the best examples of a company acquiring other companies and making it work.

Their track record on acquisitions and adding value to their company is impressive.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Google is probably one of the best examples of a company acquiring other companies and making it work.Their track record on acquisitions and adding value to their company is impressive.[/citation]

Thank god their not like HP in that sense, acquiring other companies then sh1tt1ng on them and burning them. (RIP palm \ Voodoo pc \ 3com \ EDS, etc..)

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Why on earth would you do this? Yes, it works for Mac, but they have been doing it forever. I cannot think of a modern tech company that has done this successfully. Not that it cannot be done, I am just lost as to why they would feel compelled to do it.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
lol, I'm sure Apple will ready the lawyers for some obscure store design feature they will contest... "that wall has curved intersecting right angles, we have a patent on that...."

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Is Apple going to sue if Google has windows in their store or square or rectangular rooms with rounded or boxed corners?
Can't wait for another Apple sues article that just shows we're the ones paying for these idiots to fund their BS.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Their revenue stream is data. The phones and tablets are sold at cost. So why add more cost? Unless you are raising the prices. And they don't care if they get your data off of Android or iOS.

As long as you aren't on Windows Phone, they're happy. And at this point, that really isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS