Rumor: iPhone 4 Casing Will Be Touch-Sensitive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]sceen311[/nom]It's designed by apple they actually take some thought in their engineering, I doubt it'll be easy to "inadvertently trigger". You're point about the protective casing is valid, but if you're only looking for a device to function as a phone, look elsewhere. I know, I know the name is misleading but it does do a heck of a lot more then send and receive voice, you have to admit.[/citation]

It is marketed as a phone, right? Besides, I mentioned it as a device to be picked up -and sometimes dropped- on a random but frequent basis, so my point is valid.
I don't care if Apple designed one thing or another, if it is stupid I will call it out - they're not gods and in my opinion, not even the best designers in the world. Take the HD2 or the Hero - both examples of superior design, also with their own flaws, but overall better in my opinion than a lot of other smartphones out there. Try to think outside the apple box and you'll feel better.

eagles453809

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
^agreed, you few jerkoffs always have something to say about someone reporting this or that. this is a tech site and its their job to report on this stuff. honestly, if you don't like it, why are you still here? go elsewhere, this crap isn't needed here.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]It is marketed as a phone, right? Besides, I mentioned it as a device to be picked up -and sometimes dropped- on a random but frequent basis, so my point is valid.I don't care if Apple designed one thing or another, if it is stupid I will call it out - they're not gods and in my opinion, not even the best designers in the world. Take the HD2 or the Hero - both examples of superior design, also with their own flaws, but overall better in my opinion than a lot of other smartphones out there. Try to think outside the apple box and you'll feel better.[/citation]

It's marketed as more then a phone, do phones all have apps for that? who are you kidding. And if you can't handle not dropping something on a frequent albeit random occasion then look for a phone that markets durability, not versatility in function.

I Don't think the engineers at apple are gods either, but they clearly put more thought into materials used and function of the various components then the average company, meaning they're probably not going to put a control like that on willy-nilly. You'll still have to hit the home button to turn the thing on so you don't accidentally call your grandma at 4 in the morning.

And I don't know how you could call this function stupid as it's not assured to be implemented and you haven't seen it in use or how it would be put to use on the phone.

If you're not looking for anything more then a phone that's great, simple solution, don't buy it, they clearly aren't making it for you anyhow. and learn to think outside of your own box.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]homrqt[/nom]I never said don't post any Apple articles ever. Why twist what I originally said? You complain about apple rumors and then post an article almost everyday about them. If you must report them, consolidate the rumors even more and post them less![/citation]

I must have missed the part where tom's started clicking links you weren't interested in on your behalf... Or did you click on this story of your own volition after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.