Rumor: iPhone 5 to Be Exclusive to Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
LOL this would make me soo happy.... not because I use sprint, but because all the apple fan boys would be like "OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" but still would pay for the early

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I guess Apple really doesn't want to sell too many of these. Right?

Sorry, I just had to get a dig in on Sprint. Not my favorite company due to past issues with them.

Regardless, let the making of "Apple sauce" begin (for all of the haters out there....)!

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
I own a iphone, and a pc. Im happy with both. Maybe you need to hop off your high horse and look at a product for what it is and not just the company that made it.

I got the iphone because performance wise at the time it was pretty much dead equal with android, yet coming from a flip phone still had a semi compact normal-ness i was used too.
Only regret about the iphone is lack of java and flash, but thankfully remote desktop apps some what solved that annoyance.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]oxxfatelostxxo[/nom]I own a iphone, and a pc. Im happy with both. Maybe you need to hop off your high horse and look at a product for what it is and not just the company that made it.[/citation]

Yeah both suck.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Interesting. I wonder how shareholders would react to this? Anyways I don't know how I feel about this. =P but if Sprint does have it, the fact that its CDMA will keep people from jumping to AT&T and T-Mobile.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I just got the Samsung Galaxy S2 and love its flexibility, battery replaceability, connectivity, ergonomics, blazing speed, and design; In all honesty, I can't imagine owning an Apple iJailyou phone.

G

Cydia and Installous removes restrictions, it might not be stock, but it's easy to jailbreak. The SG S2 is beautiful, but Marketplace does not have the higher numbers of heavy load Apps that have great graphics and gameplay. Sometimes its not about hardware but the apps that take advantage of the hardware.

If Apple fails to deliver this time around though I will be moving to Android as a person can't wait forever.

G

Only Apple chooses exclusivity as opposed to mass availability as to increase the aura of their gadgets. The notion that carriers have to subsidize the god phone in order to be privileged and blessed by it amounts to hype, marketing and gullible consumers.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dcompart[/nom]Cydia and Installous removes restrictions, it might not be stock, but it's easy to jailbreak. The SG S2 is beautiful, but Marketplace does not have the higher numbers of heavy load Apps that have great graphics and gameplay. Sometimes its not about hardware but the apps that take advantage of the hardware.If Apple fails to deliver this time around though I will be moving to Android as a person can't wait forever.[/citation]
android really sucks big time...i really don't like it all that much, it's very restricting in a lot of ways

danbfree

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Did you guys see the part where it says " that will see AT&T and Verizon get the iPhone 4S this year but no iPhone 5 until first quarter of 2012"?

That means sprint just gets it exclusively for the holiday shopping period, that's it... As a former Sprint employee I can tell you that they will often do that, remember the Palm Pre? And I think the iPhone5 will be *slightly* more poplular... /s

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Apple's dumping all their shit on Sprint. Pity. Apple's thinking they won't be selling the iPhony 5 very well so they bulk sell???? Poor Sprint...

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
9 AM PT is actually 12 PM Eastern. In the US from West to East:

Pacific -> Mountain (Pacific +1 hour) -> Central (Pacific +2 hours) -> Eastern (Pacific +3 hours).

Therefore 9 AM PT -> 10 AM MT -> 11 AM CT -> 12 PM ET.

viper1152005

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
"I own a iphone, and a pc. Im happy with both. Maybe you need to hop off your high horse and look at a product for what it is and not just the company that made it.

I got the iphone because performance wise at the time it was pretty much dead equal with android, yet coming from a flip phone still had a semi compact normal-ness i was used too.
Only regret about the iphone is lack of java and flash, but thankfully remote desktop apps some what solved that annoyance.
onyx_64 10/04/2011 7:43 AM"

OMG, that's funny, firstly this is not a thread for comparing a iphone and pc evaluations, just iphone speculation, secondly if your buying an android phone and plan to root it and OC like i did with my Mytouch 4g 1.9GHZ baby, then you know there has never been an android phone that wasn't capable of outpacing a iphone when used for its "true potential"
also....you smell *.*

thirdly, i just wanted to say thirdly its a funny lead in.

but foremost for the thread, WHAT ABOUT the AT&T customers bleeding from their eyes for the iphone 5, isn't this gonna shy some of them away having to change carriers and possibly void contracts to get a new service plan?

i honestly dont know because i dont use AT&T or an iphone. someone enlighten me.

sent from my My Touch 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.