Rumor: Vodafone Considering Purchasing RIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I hope blackberry can come back, I hate to seeing Canadian companies get taken over by European banker owned mega companies, actually, I hate seeing mega companies take over any company anywhere. It just another nail in the economic coffin.

G

Rim can survive quite nicely all by themselves =, when people get it through their thick skulls that RIM has NO DEBT has superior products launched and soon to release more of the same, along with there agressive market growing in Asia and subscriptions, I can only see great rewadrs and future growth for RIM. It would not surprise me if they may consider a split stock option and I can only see the stock climbing back thru next year to around $65.00 +
Now that being said Vodafone + RIM + the Asian Markets together makes some sense. Actuall a lot of sense
Buy now at $24 and Change while you can.
Thx Doug H

LauRoman

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
There are basically 3 MNOs in my country: Vodafone, Orange and a joint venture between the local traditional wireline phone provider and a Greek network. The others are just MVNOs or are just tryout networks put up by wireline cable and internet providers. Vodafone has by far the greatest coverage but it is (by a small margin) the most expensive of the 3.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Vodafone considering buying RIM
IBM considering buying AMD
Apple considering buying Facebook
Google considering buying Twitter
Microsoft considering buying Sprint
Intel considering buying Yahoo
The key word here is rumour, when the rumour turns out to be unfounded at least we managed to fill a few column inches on a slow news day
Rumour, conjecture, innuendo, hyperbole

fordry06

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]if vodafone buys RIM, you can say good bye to RIM quality, everything Vodafone tiuches they ruin EVERYTHING[/citation]

So thats why Verizon has its reputation for having a terrible quality network? lol

jrtolson

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
as a blackberry user, and a big fan of research in motion, i would not like to see this happen at all.. without repeating existing comments it would be bad for Rim, Vodafone and the mobile smartphone market as a whole.. products need their diversity and as much as apple make iphones that push the boundy and set new standards in touch screen ios phones, Rim set the standard for a professional standard smartphone. many companies have tried to copy the blackberry and failed, (infact in the uk vodafone have self branded a blackberry knock off lookalike phone for its prepay costomer base)

personally i don't like pure touchscreen phones (im not an iphone fan) and if i had to design the ultimate phone that did everything i wanted it to do and more, then the blackberry would be it.. everything just works (email, apps, sms..battery life) who wants a touch screen phone that is dead in a few hours use, and so delicate that it is smashed too easily?

my only small gripe with Rim and the blackberry is the OS, yes i love all the new feature's and updates but with every iteration of OS it get Dumber and Dumber? for e.g. in OS 6 the menu's settings icons layouts are too simplified and too eye candy.. i loved OS 4 with the endless customisation and the profesional feel to the devise, but hey thats me, lol im the sort of guy that uses windows 7 in classic theme with all the fancy effects turned off and everything set to classic (windows 2000 look and feel).. it would be nice to see that in blackberry OS

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
That's ridiculous. The media and tech sites may portray RIM as going down in flames but in reality the company is doing quite well, with its loyal set of followers. Stock prices aren't everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.