Rumored iPhone 4S Will Have Plastic, Not Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

decembermouse

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I enjoy how many times you used the word "cheap" while writing this article. I'm sure Apple doesn't like that; can't remember where I read something about them specifically asking a reviewer/advertiser NOT to use the word "cheap" when talking about their products. :)

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
[citation][nom]decembermouse[/nom]I enjoy how many times you used the word "cheap" while writing this article. I'm sure Apple doesn't like that; can't remember where I read something about them specifically asking a reviewer/advertiser NOT to use the word "cheap" when talking about their products.[/citation]

Alternative words such as affordable, value, & discount are reserved for the people trying to sell you the product. Everyone else can say cheap. ;-)

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Older products are destined to burn in a camp fire. No one would buy a pentium 4, the same applies to iPhone3 and 4. Crap will always be crap. Job just want more money in his pocket by re-re-releasing older models.

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
No one wants to buy old stuff like iPhone 3 or 4. Would you buy a Pentium 4? Crap will always be crap meant to burn in a camp fire. Job just wants more money in his pocket by re-re-releasing older models. pfff

My god some poor Chinese people are going to get thrown in jail..
Add to that the fact that recently a chinese couple sold there children for $4600, just to play online games. ^^

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]MrBig55[/nom]Older products are destined to burn in a camp fire. No one would buy a pentium 4, the same applies to iPhone3 and 4. Crap will always be crap. Job just want more money in his pocket by re-re-releasing older models.[/citation]

[citation][nom]MrBig55[/nom]No one wants to buy old stuff like iPhone 3 or 4. Would you buy a Pentium 4? Crap will always be crap meant to burn in a camp fire. Job just wants more money in his pocket by re-re-releasing older models. pfffAdd to that the fact that recently a chinese couple sold there children for $4600, just to play online games. ^^[/citation]
You'd be surprised how many P4 Systems i still sell.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]If the iPhone 5 doesn't blow away the 4 I won't be getting one. Been with the iPhone since day one but I think it's time is past. Too many other nicer speced phones out and coming out.[/citation]

I don't think the iPhone 5 will do much to blow anything away except the iPhone 4. The Droid 3 and Samsung Galaxy S 2 alone already have better specs than the iPhone 4 has and 5 will have and by the time the iPhone 5 is out, there will be more phones from other companies that will just be insanely faster and better.

As for the iPhone 4S having plastic, its cheaper for Apple yet they will charge the same price. They will say its lighter and sell it on that factor and increase their profit margins.

Thats how Apple makes so much money. They continue using older stuff thats cheaper so they make better margins. Its why they don't even have Sandy Bridge based notebooks out yet when everyone else has had them since release, like Asus who are making great notebooks.

mf25053

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
apple is going to have pictures leaked of the phone in a refreshing after some install in cydia? sure guys... okay

besides the small detail of that being one of those el-cheap-o white conversion kits off ebay and nothing else.

and dear android fan boys. yes, the apple phones are behind a bit in hardware specs... I love how the droid boys like to point that out.

1 (maybe 2) iphones are released per year, by ONE company. the same company that writes the OS for the device. how many android devices came out this month from how many different phone makers, with how many variations of the OS?

it's easier for apple to tailor the OS to their own device to get away with less on hardware. while {insert name of android phone maker here} designs 5-10 different phones per year, around some loose specs from google, tweaks, mangles, and otherwise screws up the OS to get it working with their new "super phone". to top it off they then send it over to the phone carriers who must further refine, I'm sorry "mangle" android. all said and done and it takes a phone with 50% more horse power under the hood to run 1-2% faster.

off contract or not, the latest gen android phones cost as much as the iphone. sure I can see why some people feel like they're paying more for the apple name (they are to some degree). but when was the last time you picked up a new apple phone and said "WTF is this cheezy plastic piece of......." (samsung I'm looking in your direction here guys)

FullBurstMode

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
For someone making derisive "android fan boys" you're sounding a lot like a fanboy yourself...

Personally, I don't have an issue with plastic over metal. In fact I could probably say I even prefer it. It certainly makes little difference to me when a phone is skinned or sits in a case.

redhotbd

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
[citation][nom]mf25053[/nom]1 (maybe 2) iphones are released per year, by ONE company. the same company that writes the OS for the device. how many android devices came out this month from how many different phone makers, with how many variations of the OS?it's easier for apple to tailor the OS to their own device to get away with less on hardware. off contract or not, the latest gen android phones cost as much as the iphone. [/citation]

Sorry, but I'd rather pay for a phone that has a competitive market around it than buy a product that is solely owned by ONE company... Not only does competition bring the price down, but it also breeds innovation within the technology itself and makes for a better price/performance ratio. Don't get me wrong, I currently use an iphone, but you better believe that I'm getting a Galaxy S2 when it drops in the US. I've dealt with Steve Jobs and his little monopoly (took away my tethering app, that a**hole), and there's just no digital freedom...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]They made it lighter using plastic? I would have chose carbon fiber...[/citation]
Don't say that out loud, the may actually do it and charge twice as much.

jlats26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
[citation][nom]mf25053[/nom]apple is going to have pictures leaked of the phone in a refreshing after some install in cydia? sure guys... okaybesides the small detail of that being one of those el-cheap-o white conversion kits off ebay and nothing else.and dear android fan boys. yes, the apple phones are behind a bit in hardware specs... I love how the droid boys like to point that out.1 (maybe 2) iphones are released per year, by ONE company. the same company that writes the OS for the device. how many android devices came out this month from how many different phone makers, with how many variations of the OS?it's easier for apple to tailor the OS to their own device to get away with less on hardware. while {insert name of android phone maker here} designs 5-10 different phones per year, around some loose specs from google, tweaks, mangles, and otherwise screws up the OS to get it working with their new "super phone". to top it off they then send it over to the phone carriers who must further refine, I'm sorry "mangle" android. all said and done and it takes a phone with 50% more horse power under the hood to run 1-2% faster.off contract or not, the latest gen android phones cost as much as the iphone. sure I can see why some people feel like they're paying more for the apple name (they are to some degree). but when was the last time you picked up a new apple phone and said "WTF is this cheezy plastic piece of......." (samsung I'm looking in your direction here guys)[/citation]

Well Done. I was 2 secs away from stating these points exactly. But thankfully someone on here knows what they are talking about. Kudos.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
If you like old technology, then the inferior phone 4, I mean iPhone 4; then the iPhone 5 will be a great upgrade with a slightly faster processor and upgraded camera. Steve Handjobs is great and bringing out the smallest screen and smallest amount of features in a phone.

rflynn88

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]I don't think the iPhone 5 will do much to blow anything away except the iPhone 4. The Droid 3 and Samsung Galaxy S 2 alone already have better specs than the iPhone 4 has and 5 will have and by the time the iPhone 5 is out, there will be more phones from other companies that will just be insanely faster and better.As for the iPhone 4S having plastic, its cheaper for Apple yet they will charge the same price. They will say its lighter and sell it on that factor and increase their profit margins.Thats how Apple makes so much money. They continue using older stuff thats cheaper so they make better margins. Its why they don't even have Sandy Bridge based notebooks out yet when everyone else has had them since release, like Asus who are making great notebooks.[/citation]

The entire MacBook line from the Air to the Pro's are all Sandy Bridge based now... MacBooks still suck but so does your misinformed flame.

useru571

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
This looks like an antiglare screen protector. Also, id like to point out that the "leaked" cases online show them with no holes routed for the ringer switch, so maybe its just an ipod touch case.

Status
Not open for further replies.