"Ryse: Son of Rome" Launch Trailer Brings Plenty of Brutality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Seriously? Xbox One exclusive? Bah, I didn't even realize that at first until after I watched the video and got pumped to play it....then, realized I couldn't play it off PC =*(.
C'mon Crytek, I thought we were like bros' man? We had your back on PC, you did Far Cry and followed up with the system breaking Crysis, everything was good. Then, you wanted to do some multi-platform selling of the games, I accepted it.
Now, we have an exclusive with a game that looks hella good and very interesting story, and you don't at LEAST have it for PC too?

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Seriously? Xbox One exclusive? Bah, I didn't even realize that at first until after I watched the video and got pumped to play it....then, realized I couldn't play it off PC =*(.
C'mon Crytek, I thought we were like bros' man? We had your back on PC, you did Far Cry and followed up with the system breaking Crysis, everything was good. Then, you wanted to do some multi-platform selling of the games, I accepted it.
Now, we have an exclusive with a game that looks hella good and very interesting story, and you don't at LEAST have it for PC too?

computerguy72

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Wow that looks good. I didn't know Sean Bean was a voice in it either. Sounded like some other fairly famous voices too I'll have to look it up.

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Its not that great, was watching a live twitch stream today where guys were playing it. You follow a path, run into bad guys and kill them. Guys playing laughed at how 2 hours in they only saw 4 enemy character models, just constantly reused. It seems to play like a Batman game where you mash buttons and then the game slows down and you press a button and do a finishing move. It looks cool but I wouldn't rush out to buy an xbox for it. Might be nice to pick up when the xbox 1 slim comes out and all the launch titles are $19.99 greatest hits.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
The reviews are all sayings its about a 6 hour story, and the multiplayer is just an arena game. A game that is 6 hours long is not anywhere close to being worth $60

Status
Not open for further replies.