KathiHR

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
My cursor is all over the place when I type. It's rare I can finish anything without having to look up and see that it's moved up several lines and continued typing in the middle of a word. To make matters worse, it occasionally will HIGHLIGHT everything and delete it. I've lost a few documents I had spent hours working on that way.

I found this post from another Toshiba laptop user and it fits my situation perfectly:
"I am reasonably quick touch typist so often I am not looking at my hands or even the screen but rather the overheads in the lecture or even just listening and typing which means I have on occasion deleted what I just wrote because the cursor and pointers were not where I expected them to be.
Sometimes I make a spelling mistake and I need to hover the pointer over the word to get the correct spelling... and it is then that the pointer will often freeze for a while....
I don't know how to adjust the sensitivity...."

viettai

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
If this only happens while you are typing up documents. Is it possible that your palm is touching your touch pad and cause the cursor to move around while you type. This has happened to me on my new laptop which I wasn't used to typing on. As a quick test press your FN+F5 keys to disable your touch pad and try typing stuff to see if your cursor is going wild. You can re-enable your touch pad by again pressing FN+F5

KathiHR

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016

I tried that twice, and both times the cursor was responding to my fingers moving over the touch pad and the cursor was responding both times.
I should have mentioned, I use a mouse. I find it much easier to get the cursor where I want it and I'm more comfortable with the right click controls. My mouse is a Dynex blue tooth. I've occasionally removed the mouse and just used the keypad, but I think it was still acting out.

This happens with everything: gmail, Word, Excel, WordPress..
While I was sitting here and not typing, I was suddenly sent back to a different tab. This has really gotten out of control. I'm spending so much time cutting and pasting and putting parts of sentences back where they belong! It just popped me down to the bottom of this page.

I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome. Thanks for any suggestions!

KathiHR

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016

I have watched the cursor jump and highlight the entire page - AND I WASN'T TOUCHING WITHER THE LAPTOP OR MY MOUSE.. Even as I type this, it's jumping all over. I have just installed the TOUCHPAD BLOCKER and it's obviously not helping. I also disabled the ELAN touchpad after my earlier first posting. That helped for a while. But it's right back to being out of control. Now I cannot figure out how I disabled it.

Frankly, I'm disappointed in the Toshiba tech help who are not able to do more than suggest we hit on of the F-keys. This needs to be fixed!!! Even if it is a recall. This is not how a keyboard is supposed to work!! I am sick and tired of reading all the cries for help and no solutions have been offered by Toshiba.

Cynthia_17

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016