Sager W110ER Significant Performance loss

jamesv3

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014
Around 7 months ago, I sent my sager laptop in for repairs, the case was cracked and the hard drive was failing. For financial reasons my laptop sat on the shelf for that time. I just got it back about a week ago, the casing was fixed but I am replacing the dying hard drive myself (Side note: They repaired the case but informed me they had done no repairs, and am not sure if the HDD was replaced, but I did get a failed boot up error once so I am replacing it just in case) . I haven't got the new HDD in the mail yet but in the meantime I have noticed something very worrying, and that is massive massive performance loss in every single game installed on my pc. Some games, where I used to play on medium settings @ 35 FPS, now do not run at all even on low settings. I had the optimum settings saved for every game, and trying to play with those same settings now isn't possible. I have a geforce 650m and an intel I7-3630QM, with 8 gigs of ram. Even running a game like Crusader Kings II is a challenge for my pc where before it used to get a solid 30 fps with medium settings on Battlefield 3 (multiplayer), it's dumbfounding. I don't get why this is happening. I have always kept my ventilation clean and clear of debris. I never play games when there isn't room for airflow, and the temperatures have never been worrisome with my laptop. I just don't understand what happened. Can anyone help?