Same SPECs laptop with different benchmark results...

daswarden

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Hello everyone.,
Even though I've been a long time visitor, this is my very first post. So if i apologize if there are any mistakes in this but I'm in need of help from you guys.

I know sometimes this doesn't sound much of a big deal, but it's really difficult for me to move on.

So this is the problem..,

I have a HP Pro-book G4 laptop with Core i7 ( i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz (2903MHz) x2), 8 GB DDR4 memory, 2GB Nvidia 930MX graphics with Intel HD Graphics 620.

Recently I got a HP Pavilion 15-au172tx laptop and it has all the same identical specs to the Pro-Book G4 and only difference is it has a 4GB Nvidia 940MX graphics card. Everything else is same, CPU is same as Pro-Book ( i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz (2903MHz) x2), memory is DDR4 and has same Intel HD graphics 620.

Both laptops are running Windows 10 64bit Fall Creators Update.

Then I ran a Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 on both laptops and within identical conditions and I got the following results.

Pro-Book G4 - 1238
Pavilion 15-au172tx - 1085.

So how can this be guys..? Can anyone please tell me why I got a higher value for a 2GB graphics card and a low value for 4GB card..?

I checked the drivers installed and they different. But how can this be. I did both while plugged in and both has the same softwares and single cooling fan.

Please someone tell me what is going on., I have no idea why I'm getting two different values.

By the way I'm sorry for this very long explanation., I just felt like I need to put everything.
Please help me guys. I'd really appreciate that..

How many times did you run the test, and were they both done after a clean boot? Meaning nothing else is loaded like monitoring software, updates being run in the background, etc... If you run 3DMark is the 930MX also faster. Are they both the MX models with the same memory type? Both are GDDR5 or DDR3 not one of the other in one of them?