Sampling rate for my Creative ZXR

revolultrablue

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
Should I have my ZXR sampling rate set to 96000 or 192000? Would those degrade quality because most audio isn't sampled at that rate? I have hd 598's if that matters.

Solution
When you change that in your audio driver I think you are actually setting the sampling rate that the card will upsample to. Most people prefer the sound to be upsampled to 24 bit 192k but not all.
A high resolution audio file that is native 24 bit 192k will sound even better.
You can download some free samples.
https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/free-hi-res-music/
If you want to audition the difference in sound between the same music in different bit and sampling rates you would want to change playback to the native resolution in your playback software so you would not be upsampling the file.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
i am not an expert, but i think it wont. the higher the sampling rate the better it can reproduce the original signal.

wow, hd598, how is it so far, that is what i am looking to buy, watched/read lots of reviews about it. i just need to make my wife say yes lol

revolultrablue

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
It's great but don't use the sound blaster z with them. Any card with no gain control overpowers them and it doesn't sound good. I would suggest the asus essence stx or the sound blaster zxr. You can also just use onboard sound as well. Just make sure not to overpower them.

As far as how they sound the highs and mids are amazing. The bass is very good but it's not like head rumbling bass. Soundstage is really impressive for music, video games, or movies.

Tell your girlfriend they are not that expensive! I got mine for 150$ off amazon. For quality headphones that's not really that much. Take a look at the hd800s lol.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
yes, the bass is not that strong, but i have heard it myself and i think it is fine.

i won't be using it on a sound card though, i have an audio interface, my scarlett solo. i think it has enough to drive it decently.
yeah, i am looking for the best time to tell her lol. my birthday is coming up this month so i hope that is enough :)

When you change that in your audio driver I think you are actually setting the sampling rate that the card will upsample to. Most people prefer the sound to be upsampled to 24 bit 192k but not all.
A high resolution audio file that is native 24 bit 192k will sound even better.
You can download some free samples.
https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/free-hi-res-music/
If you want to audition the difference in sound between the same music in different bit and sampling rates you would want to change playback to the native resolution in your playback software so you would not be upsampling the file.

Solution