Samsung 300v5a Laptop shuts down won't switch on

Thebigdeal

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Ok 2 days ago my laptop shut down while oothers battery , it wasn't overheating and the fan wasn't blocked but the shut down was similar to one. It won't but into bios when you try to switch it on again though you can here the fan spinning and power light comes on. Tried removing the battery and charger and holding the power button for 20 sec still would boot up. Left it on the charger until battery light showed it was fully charged still nothing then I left it for 2 days and it turned on only to switch off again. Any help is much appreciated.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Thebigdeal

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016

Tried that didn't work. Let me further specify the issue. When I switch on my laptop is usually get get a screen saying samsung with phoenix bios at the bottom and press f4 for boot menu. Now when I switch it on I don't get to that stage just hear the fan and harddrive spinning and a blank screen so I can't see any rotating circles. Hope that clears up the issue I have

I see. So actually then the computer may well be turning on, as you hear everything, but you can't see anything. It may then be the display that is your problem.

Try this....

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Connect an external monitor.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

If you can see your screens on the external display then the problem lies either in the attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it to the motherboard.

If you can't see even on the external monitor, then we are talking graphics card/GPU problem and will probably require replacement of that, which may include replacing the motherboard.

Either way, this will require work inside the laptop. So if your device is still under warranty, I would suggest you contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

Thebigdeal

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016

Tried it but it didnt work pressed function and f4 (the screen output key), also it turned on earlier and the screen worked but it switched of 5 min later and when I tried to switch it on again without moving it , it was the same old situation.

Thebigdeal

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016

Yeah tried both vga and hdmi ports but still nothing.

If that is the case, then I would be leaning towards the graphics card/GPU being the problem. If that is the case, it is something either you should contact the manufacture about, if the laptop is still under warranty, or have repaired/replaced by you or someone who can. Which will probably involve replacing the motherboard.