Samsung 4K. Don't have cable but I do have internet

gallagherslaw33

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Smart TV, wifi connection works fine. I never watch real time TV so I didn't want to continue to pay for a cable box and the service if I didn't use it. So--no hdmi cable box "source".
I can access apps and use Apple TV as via wifi. However, it is very clunky getting to the apps screen. I've tried to save frequently used apps to the home screen but it asks me for a source. Since I don't have cable I don't have an option Snd cannot choose a source, the app will not save to the home screen. So, any time I want to watch Netflix, for example, I have to use the voice command feature. She "fails to recognize what I said" 99% of the time. (Except when I finally get frustrated and use bad words, she definitely recognizes them!)
I've read the e-manual and it's not in depth enough to push past this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Only solution other than making sure your TV has the latest firmware is to make your issues know to the maker and hope there are other people complaining. Maybe then they will address them in future updates.
Perhaps if the Apple TV has all the apps you need stick to that and not the TV apps. Or get a media box that has them all (Android or Roku).

Only solution other than making sure your TV has the latest firmware is to make your issues know to the maker and hope there are other people complaining. Maybe then they will address them in future updates.
Perhaps if the Apple TV has all the apps you need stick to that and not the TV apps. Or get a media box that has them all (Android or Roku).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
H Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 6
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1