Samsung 6300 UHD TV looks terrible

Patrick140

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
Hello friends,

About a month ago I purchased a brand new TV from target. It is the Samsung 55" 4k UHD TV. The 6 series 6300. After using it for a few weeks, I notice that the 4k video on youtube looks good but when I am just watching DirecTV or regular HD things from amazon firestick, the quality looks terrible.

Let me explain, the picture looks very pixelated and blurry on some scenes. The color is not sharp at all. I tried taking a few pictures on my iphone for demonstration but I am not sure if they will do it justice.

I have obviously tried messing with the settings in the TV itself but nothing seems to really help.

Also, the blacks are blurry and not very sharp as well. After doing some googling, it looked like an issue some people had called color blur or something like that but I can't remember the term. I will list my settings below. I am using HDMI cables btw.

Backlight: 20
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 62
Sharpness: 50
Color: 50
Tint (G/R): G50 R50
Apply Picture Settings: All Sources
Digital Clean View: Auto
Auto Motion Plus: Auto
Film Mode: Off
HDMI UHD Color
HDMI Black Level: Auto
Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Color Tone: Standard
White Balance
Gamma: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space Auto

If I missed any important information please let me know. Should I try taking this tv back or would there be any way to make it a better quality? Thanks in advance!

https://ibb.co/deQ4bF
https://ibb.co/ejKaiv

Solution
Disable (Auto filters usually ruin the picture quality)
Digital Clean View
Auto Motion Plus (This will also get rid of "The Soap Opera Effect")
Dynamic Contrast

HDMI Black Level and UHD Color. I'm not familiar with these. If they have a disable option do so. Otherwise try the various options.

Color Space Native

Also TVs tend to over saturate pictures. I would turn down the color setting for a more natural color. If you are willing to take the time and spend the money. I would highly recommend buying the Disney WOW BluRay and calibrate your screen.
Disable (Auto filters usually ruin the picture quality)
Digital Clean View
Auto Motion Plus (This will also get rid of "The Soap Opera Effect")
Dynamic Contrast

HDMI Black Level and UHD Color. I'm not familiar with these. If they have a disable option do so. Otherwise try the various options.

Color Space Native

Also TVs tend to over saturate pictures. I would turn down the color setting for a more natural color. If you are willing to take the time and spend the money. I would highly recommend buying the Disney WOW BluRay and calibrate your screen.

Solution