Samsung Allegedly Delayed Reporting Fatal Gas Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Really, one day and they are being investigated? I could see if it were weeks, or months. But 24 hours is a quick turn around as far as incidents like this having to travel through all the proper channels inside the company before being sent to the proper authorities.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]twisted politiks[/nom]Really, one day and they are being investigated? I could see if it were weeks, or months. But 24 hours is a quick turn around as far as incidents like this having to travel through all the proper channels inside the company before being sent to the proper authorities.[/citation]

I'm fairly sure you're required to report industrial accidents ASAP. If your organization cannot relay critical information to other departments/people quickly, then there's something wrong.

G

Here is the link to SHARPS on Samsung's chemical leaks:

http://stopsamsung.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/samsung-seen-covering-up-fatal-gas-leaks-at-its-chip-plant/

unimatrixzero

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
[citation][nom]twisted politiks[/nom]Really, one day and they are being investigated? I could see if it were weeks, or months. But 24 hours is a quick turn around as far as incidents like this having to travel through all the proper channels inside the company before being sent to the proper authorities.[/citation]

As a matter of standard procedures, hazardous materials incidents are to immediately be reported to proper authorities (police, fire, haz mat teams) to help contain the incident & safely evacuate people to a safe distance. Additionally, some "accidents" may even be intentional, criminal, or terrorist activity related. Reporting the incident after a full day is obviously negligent & could have made the situation worse had it gotten out of hand.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
If this had been Apple many folks here would be upset by this negligence...nut since it's Samsung not so much. Interesting...Blood Silicon indeed. (Looks at my Note 2 with much affection).

downhill911

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
So this is supposed to make APPLE look better?
Since when Tomshardware.com is into factory/manufacturing incidents?
I feel sorry for that girl and her family but there are people dying at work everywhere and everyday.

Source : http://www.bls.gov/iif/

susyque747

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
[citation][nom]neon neophyte[/nom]from what i read, it wasnt just some random employee that died but rather the guy who went in to fix it.[/citation]
Then either the repairman didn't know what he was dealing with or he was an idiot for not wearing proper gear.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]Here is the link to SHARPS on Samsung's chemical leaks:http://stopsamsung.wordpress.com/2 [...] hip-plant/[/citation]

Seems like an impartial source...

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

You are kidding right?!? Silly fan boys.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
HF is not something you fuck around with, you immediately notify the authorities.

G

I dare twisted politiks to huff HF gas for a day. I'd even buy him a new Samesung device if he did...

Status
Not open for further replies.