Samsung Announces Three New Bada Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]lassik[/nom]Stop being cheap Samsung, use bloody Android. You'd sell more phones that way anyway.Who wants Bada?[/citation]
If Bada works better thanAndroid, whod want an android? Give it a chance, to see how it does in the market. WebOS nearly died because of that mentality, but it was undoubtably a good OS.Lets just see how app devs review this OS and how well it sells.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Make perfect sense, as no business would want to put all their eggs in one basket (in this case i.e. android). Bada is a decent OS, which if Samsung put some serious effort can drive Android out of lower/entry level droids. But I want that SGSII based WPM phone out soon !! :D

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]lassik[/nom]Stop being cheap Samsung, use bloody Android. You'd sell more phones that way anyway.Who wants Bada?[/citation]
Technically speaking (if I'm not mistaken) but isn't a license to use Android on your device free? So isn't Samsung being cheap when they choose Android, where as it costs a lot of money to develop your own OS. Take it from me, a software developer, we are not cheap and to write your own OS is pretty ambitious and NOT cheap. lol Props to Samsung for trying something new. Choices to the consumer are good, imo. :)

Paul_R

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Samsung is playing it safe continuing to develop their own OS. Android might one day be unavailable if Google goes with Motorola exclusivity. So might Windows if they decide to go proprietary with Nokia.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
@Paul
It is one of the possibilities, but I am inclined more towards a scenario where Motorola will get 'more preferential treatment', which off-course will be just as bad. So I think in next year or so most of the top tier OEMs will be diversifying their offerings.

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
sorry but bada own android in my opinion, im not using useless app and for responding bada is pretty fast , call, log, music, video, camera origin app, contact list.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Samsung do develop applications for Bada, just like they do for Android, and they are much better than lots of crap in android market. And as far as I know, WP is outpacing android when it comes to applications growth in the market. So OEMs are choosing to diversify for a reason as I said earlier, it is not a smart thing to be dependent on just one software supplier.

G

I have the Samsung S8500 (original WAVE) and I love it. My wife has the HTC Desire with Android 2.2 (I think). I much prefer my WAVE - easier to use overall. What is disappointing is that in Australia the BADA OS version remains at 1.0, whereas other countries have V1.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.