Samsung Announces Two Dual-SIM Galaxy Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiangyi

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
I could see this being useful to some prepaid users who would want to use different carriers at the same time. However, if they decide to sell this Dual-SIM phone locked like most phones here are in North America, then I'm not so sure how popular it'll be.

maddy143ded

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
definitely on my to buy list....
i can easily name at-least 100 people in my know just over the top of my head who are waiting for a good dual-Sim smart phone to switch over to android.....

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I would not mind this since it would allow me to use the same phone when I travel abroad without paying exorbitant data charges. For example, I wont be able to use my sweetheart-- the Samsung Galaxy S2 in Mexico without paying something like 14c per kilobyte of data to Sprint, an absurd fee. Worse, if when you are traveling you leave your 3g enabled the phone is likely to incur astronomical data charges, even if you do nothing with it.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]I would not mind this since it would allow me to use the same phone when I travel abroad without paying exorbitant data charges. For example, I wont be able to use my sweetheart-- the Samsung Galaxy S2 in Mexico without paying something like 14c per kilobyte of data to Sprint, an absurd fee. Worse, if when you are traveling you leave your 3g enabled the phone is likely to incur astronomical data charges, even if you do nothing with it.[/citation]

Just buy a local SIM... oh wait, you most likely have a """contract""" :lol:

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]azncracker[/nom]Wait, if you are using 2 SIM's that means you are getting robbed twice by the wireless companies...[/citation]
Most likely if you are using a dual SIM phone, you will use one for a carrier, and the other for a prepaid for when you travel or something of that situation.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Nice, although I doubt it would be released here, I remember having an old Nokia modded to use dual SIM cards.

FYI the carrier locking is only heavy in the US from what I have seen. Most places I traveled there's a larger preference for unlocked phones, and there easier to pick up.

[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Most likely if you are using a dual SIM phone, you will use one for a carrier, and the other for a prepaid for when you travel or something of that situation.[/citation]

That's what I did :D it also works to have a provider that's cheaper in your home town, and then getting a second pre-paid from a more expensive company, that has better service, when visiting the Provence.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Just buy a local SIM... oh wait, you most likely have a """contract"""[/citation]

so what? at least we don't have to worry about running out of minutes during a phone call LOL

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]so what? at least we don't have to worry about running out of minutes during a phone call LOL[/citation]

Umm, neither do I. For $1, I can talk for about an hour on a local call. Problem? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.