SAmsung DLp hln467wx

bmurphy0120

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Hello,
i Have a samsung dlp hln467wx this is going to be weird and i know im doing the worst thing for it but it started acting up, to turn it on i would have to start it a picture would come up then it would get all weird and fuzzy and discolored, then just turn off i would turn it back on and get no piture(btw once it started to get all weird and discolored i couldnt turn it off i could just unplug it) then unplug it plug it back in and repeating this i would eventually get it to stay on, i would like to fix it any ideas?

bmurphy0120

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
im pretty handy with soldering and most tasks involved in fixing these kind of tvs, tv shop will charge 500% of the price it would cost me to fix it, if its a bad capacitor would the tv still work at all?

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Iv'e watched as a Tv tech, reading the schematic measured voltages. When they were low he added capacitance in parallel. If the voltage was good he replaced that cap. he did this for about 8 caps. Tv lasted for two years before problem was back.
The trick is getting the schematic.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
You are most likely seeing a distorted picture because the color wheel is shot. The visual defect is known as solarizing - the color wheel is not spinning fast enough to maintain a coherent palette. Normally a bad color wheel will squeak or grind or hum. You can do a wheel yourself if you're careful, and it's usually about $100 for the part at Samsung.

On the other hand, the digital board could be bad, meaning it's time for a new tv. Pretty rare, but it happens.

bmurphy0120

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

Is there anyway to test both of those things? I did check to make sure the color wheel is spinning but i have no clue if its at the right speed but it does humm or something its high pitched, btw i checked all the caps they all appear to be fine

bmurphy0120

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

One last question could the color wheel cause the set to reset itself or turn itself off I.e. I turn it on picture comes up fine then gets messed up and freezes I then unplug it turn it back on only sound the lamp lights but no picture it resets itself and so on and so on? thank you

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Absolutely it can. The set is programmed to make 3-7 tries to run the startup sequence: fans, color wheel index, ballast kick, lamp light. Eventually it will fail out.

You do run an outside chance (unlikely) that you have a bad digital board instead, but I doubt it.

bmurphy0120

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

Thanks I really appreciate the replies I thought this post was dead I'll let u know the outcome btw instead of starting a new thread if u don't mind me picking ur Brain i got a Mitsubishi wd52525 I got the lamp code replaced it and it won't boot it starts up the lamp lights for a min and shuts off and give me the lamp code again if it's the ballast I'll fix it anything else I'm dumping it this things got too many screws

bmurphy0120

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

i finally got my color wheel in after replacing it it worked for a few mins then the lamp would shut off and it would freeze making the power button unusable but the difference is now i can shut it off and on before it freezes and if i unplugged it and plugged it back in the picture wouldn't come up messed up now it just shuts off any ideas

TRENDING THREADS