Solved! Samsung Galaxy J3 V Battery/Phone heating up

nwgamelover

Estimable
May 25, 2014
The battery heats up when I do a phone conversation, not when I'm charging it though, checked that. Also, I haven't timed it yet, but will do that after I recharge it to 100% again, and I'll post that info as well. But I'm guessing about 6 hours.

Verizon is going to nail me with another activation fee if I return the phone, and, a setup fee of 50 dollars on top of that. That to me is more than screwed but I need to stay into what I can do to fix the phone at this point.

My question is, does anyone, or has anyone had this issue with a phone battery, and do you know if there's a fix? I know I can buy another battery, but figure I should find out to the best of my ability what is "wrong" with the phone/battery, or which one.

Thanks in advance for any help, Denise

The info you have given is a little confusing. Are you saying it is overheating no matter what, even a short phone call or app usage, or is it only happening with a long call?

Also, if the phone is under warranty, and not functioning correctly, they should not be charging you anything to have it replaced and activated. I would call them and see about having it repaired or replaced, depending on the how long ago you got it. If you are given any push back about a fee for this, ask for a supervisor.

The info you have given is a little confusing. Are you saying it is overheating no matter what, even a short phone call or app usage, or is it only happening with a long call?

Also, if the phone is under warranty, and not functioning correctly, they should not be charging you anything to have it replaced and activated. I would call them and see about having it repaired or replaced, depending on the how long ago you got it. If you are given any push back about a fee for this, ask for a supervisor.

nwgamelover

Estimable
May 25, 2014

A long call, apologies on confusing you. I confuse myself a lot of the time;) Also, I still haven't charged it up to 100% to test the length it holds it. But it's still at 35% so it seems to hold it longer than I realized. So now, just the battery heating up on a long phone call. It seems like I was only on there about 10 minutes when I started to notice it but I'm not sure how long. But my old phone never did that and I had hour long calls about 4 times a week.

Thanks for your reply, hope you might know of something I can do to save the phone because like I mentioned, Verizon is not going to help me with a faulty phone or battery. Just more charges to exchange it.

Heating up on a long call is kind of common. Sadly. It would really depend on how hot it gets. However, if it is only a ten minute call, then that isn't right. That is a short call, so there is a flaw here.

How long ago did you buy the phone? If less than a year, then it is likely under warranty. At least with the manufacturer. So I would contact them if it is still under warranty.

nwgamelover

Estimable
May 25, 2014

Yes, didn't think of warranty. I'll check on that. I can't be sure when I was into my long call on Friday night when I felt the phone warming up. It doesn't prevent me from holding it, it's just uncomfortable. Thank you for your info, I'll check it out and let you know:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Android Smartphones 5
G Android Smartphones 0
F Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 2
J Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
knanan Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 2
M Android Smartphones 1
F Android Smartphones 1