Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 wifi error, "Authentication error occurred"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleemalvi

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Hi,

I would like to know the solution of the wifi connectivity problem on Samsung galaxy note 10.1 called "Authentication error occurred."

This problem came into the tablet after factory resetting applies using from setting option and manually using physical buttons.

I tried all given solution found through googling but still no solution fits to provide connection to wifi.

I hope anybody on this forum provides the solution. Thanks

Aleem Alvi

Roma777

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

I've the same issue for 3 days now, i did everything, i even gave it to one of the technology services in my city, they couldn't fix it :( :( :(

aleemalvi

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

aleemalvi

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Hi,
I am sure for the password, all my devices work on the same password. so there is no doubt about the it. Always password is correctly entred for wifi connectivity.

zargeo

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
Same problem. Cablevision is my provider. I was once able to connect with this Galaxy 10.1 tablet to Cablevision hotspots with no issues whatsoever. I tried deleting the tablet from my authorized devices on Cablevision's website and reinstalling but to no avail. The device connects to my router at home but cannot connect to Cablevision's hotspots getting the message "authentication error occurred". Yes, I have the right username and password and I am able to connect to other networks.

stefanybaez

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
I'm having the exact same issue. I can't connect to most networks, but some will work. Even with the same setup in terms of WiFi security one will work and another won't. None of my WiFi networks seem to work with my Note 10.1, though I connect multiple devices at home and they all connect without an issue. I also have a SIM card on the tablet and that seems to works perfectly but I can't be using only that data. No idea what's going on. I've tried everything, from factory resetting my tablet AND router to even getting a new router and setting up from scratch. Whether it will work or not seems to be totally random.

Status
Not open for further replies.