Samsung Galaxy or iPhone 4??

klempic21

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I've been reading on lots of sites about that but on every site theres smth else so some say that samsung has better screen and iphone has better camera and so on...so I'm very intrested what do you think is better and why? :ouch:

Pls dont :non: just write samsung or iphone.....some explanation.... :)

:hello: :bounce: :hello:

Both are really great phones,
1_iPhone 4 has a better screen in terms of reading whereas the Samsung's display has a brighter display.
2_iPhone has a 5MP camera with flash whereas Galaxy S lacks flash but has more camera functions(except HDR which is for iPhone)
3_Samsung is made from plastic whereas iPhone 4 is made of stainless steel and glass(which breaks easily though)
4_The main difference is the OS,Samsung runs Android 2.1(2.2 coming soon) whereas iPhone 4 runs iOS 4(4.1 available now), so it depends on which you prefer.
For me iOS is more polished/fluid whereas Android has much more customizations.

jrocks84

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Though both are great, they also have shortcomings.

The iPhone 4 has the much-talked-about antenna issue, but thats mitigated with the bumpers or cases.

The Galaxy S has terrible battery life - from what I've heard, it's less than a day usually.

I guess it depends on how you use a phone. If you are more interested in media apps and such, I'd shoot for the iPhone. If you want something a bit more straight forward, go for the Samsung.

vilenjan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
My brother has a Samsung Captivate (ATTs Galaxy S), and he reports over 2 days of battery life (there is still almost 10% left at the end of the 2nd day) under light/medium load, heavy load (wifi, screen on a lot, heavy processor use) he can still last a full work day before charging it at night.

Also he upgraded from a Iphone 3GS, and he strongly prefers the samsung, I know its not the 4, but ya.