Samsung Galaxy S - issues

gamer282

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Hi all,

Just got my first smartphone 4 days ago, a Samsung Galaxy S. Overjoyed with it on the day I got it, now i'm rather worried it might have some issues. Firstly theres a distinct crackle/popping noise when I switch on the phone. Almost every time I hear this noise during the phone startup audio playback, sometimes the noise is heard twice. Sounds kinda like playing a game on PC that has bad drivers, while loading you hear that popping noise. Now the rather more concerning thing is that everything doesn't seem to be as smooth as when I turned it on, the first day. If I go to the settings menu, scrolling down produces a smooth but jittery framerate, looks like its basically overlapping; a sync issue of some sort. If I go to Live wallpapers and select the interactive ocean floor wallpaper, it seems to be not smooth at all. The animation goes smooth, then stutters a bit. Its not something you can notice too easily if you don't pay attention to the waves. Anyway the "transition" effects seem to be off, rather rough. Especially when I press applications key. Though this could just be me looking too hard for issues, but I doubt it. I have 3 days left to return my phone, I need some advice from someone who has this phone.

I'm running Android Eclair 2.1

Thanks!

Solution
think they must of used class 2 flash in the galaxy s as it goes to an crawl when you install aps some times

there are also gps issues as well, I would just take it back and get an HTC phone (make sure its 1ghz min, never buy any thing less the 1ghz as they suck)

my sister has the phone as well gps is an bit bouncy as in it does not keep an lock so switches between cell/WiFi location and gps every 2 seconds some times

leexgx

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
think they must of used class 2 flash in the galaxy s as it goes to an crawl when you install aps some times

there are also gps issues as well, I would just take it back and get an HTC phone (make sure its 1ghz min, never buy any thing less the 1ghz as they suck)

my sister has the phone as well gps is an bit bouncy as in it does not keep an lock so switches between cell/WiFi location and gps every 2 seconds some times

Solution

bennyboyreynolds

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
I have owned a Galaxy S for about 6 months now and I have never noticed any sound issues with the device. I agree with the comments about the GPS though, its crap. Samsung promised to fix the GPS with the last update but it wasn't fixed well enough in my opinion.