Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get the Wave

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
'lo all

I've recently started to become fed up of my old phone and been thinking about getting a new one. Now one that struck me hard was their new 'Wave' mobile and after going through several reviews I saw it that it seemed good and I've also seen the bad of the Samsung Wave. Though I haven't looked all that much for the Galaxy S, one thing that struck me was that it had the same processor but it ran Android 2.1 which is something I've been thinking about and reading quite a fair bit about it. Considering how the Wave has it's own new OS and it all seems to be pretty good (Save for adding new words to the dictionary which seems to be the biggest problem) it seems like as if it's pretty good. Internal memory is something I don't really care about considering that I can easily slap in an 8/16/32 GB MicroSD card in that phone (Think the same for the Galaxy)

So guys, what are your views on these two?

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009

Think I'll go for the Wave, the Galaxy seems to be kinda pricey for me though I haven't managed to find any stores that actually sell that model. Also by the looks of it Wave isn't all that bad. Sure it doesn't have a slew of apps like Droid but I don't mind that really. Thanks for the links and everything dude!

nismo034

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010

Do NOT get the WAVE! Yes it is an awesome piece of hardware but the OS sucks and all the good apps you just cannot get! If you really want the Wave then wait and see if someone ports Android to it.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009

Yeah I know I doesn't have all that many apps compared to the others but considering I just had a typical cell phone and due to Samsung's epic market share I think more and more people will do stuff for it considering while Apple may be a potential gold mine there's too much competition and Android is also flooded with apps so probably devs would like the Bada store (?) because there aren't that many apps which would help generate motivation and such, if the Bada Challenge isn't enough of a push.

I've seen like 16 minute reviews and it does seem like a good phone, while I didn't get to see the video quality from what people were asking, it seemed like as if the guy who was reviewing the mobile was taking it from an actual camcorder so I'm guessing Camera problems should be nill.

I'm honestly quite attracted to the phone for the facts that it's bang for buck performance (if not more), a nice design and a seemingly good OS that doesn't have Apple's closed walls, I wouldn't mind if it had android on it but meh, it seems good. Also has flash but that's disabled by default but I can change that when I want, save for the million of iPhone/pad people who decided to get those but hey that's their choice. I'm not going to buy a phone just because it has OVER NINE THOUSAND apps, I want the functionality of a smart phone, with a decent price slapped on it. The Wave seemed to be the ATI of phones so I went for that.

Oh funfact: The wave's graphical processor is just slightly worse than the Nvidia's Tegra 2

UzY3L

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
I was also asking myself the same question : Galaxy S vs Wave.
Frankly speaking, a friend of mine bought a Galaxy S and it seemed a bit slow not to mention the only thing the camera had going for it was the sensor size. It had so image stabilization so when you wanted to take a picture in less than sunshine-bright conditions and the subject would move, the image came out all blurry. Also, audio quality is sort of low and the all-plastic surface is a black-hole for dirt, fingerprint and all other kinds of much this 4'rake can grab while you use it.
That leaves me to buy a surfboard and catch that Wave!

UzY3L

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
BTW : Go to the Samsung Apps store and you'll see there are close to 500 FREE apps and games for the Wave. Maybe not the exact ones you'll want but let's just say it has Angry Birds :p

P.S. : If someone could merge these two for me I'd really appreciate it. Damn site won't let me edit my post. Thanks!