Samsung Galaxy S2 to be Unveiled in U.S. August 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinkles619

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
i got the chance to use one of these when my friend from the uk was visiting this past week. let me just say that it makes my sister's iphone 4 look like an overpriced paperweight. i would rather have this than an iphone 5, no doubt. only con is the thing is pretty big, albeit thin.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
UK resident here, had mine for a while and I can confirm it's amazing. Upgraded from an ancient Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 that ran Windows Mobile 6.1, so it was doubly impressive.

I don't know why Samsung didn't do a worldwide launch though, they would have had more sales and people would have had less chance to go to their competitors. Must be U.S. Licensing or something.

gpog

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Great phone but wish samsung needs to develop thier own design character- ui and exterior design looks like they need to stop using apples pencils.

G

I'm hoping that the US delay will be made up for with improved processing power and LTE. Here's hoping ;)

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
that looks too much like an iphone = /

not trying to say that apple makes bad looking products... they make AMAZING looking products, i love the minimalistic look, but cmon... i know a copy paste when i see one

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
To all of you who say it looks like an iPhone: hold it in your hand IRL and you'll know the difference right away. There's no way you can confuse it with iPhone! Too big, too powerful, too great...

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]gpog[/nom]...samsung needs to ... they need to stop using apples pencils.[/citation]
Why, did they remove SD card slot on this one?
Or do they ship it with "corruptunes" that you absolutely need to access the device from PC?
Or maybe they only allow syncing with a single PC?
Or maybe they've removed file/folder support, you know, not to "confuse" the customer and also deny him access to his own stuff?

Could you please elaborate. I know Galaxy Tablet 10.1 stole Apple's "brilliant idea" of not having expansion slots. I'm sure potential customers will like it. After all, it's Apple's idea.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]that looks too much like an iphone...[/citation]
Indeed. It's rectangular and has rounded corners, instead of being innovative and creating, say, triangular phone with sharp edges...

G

I can't wait for the S2. My iPhone is slow, laggy, and freezes after the last update. And I wish Apple wouldnt have stole the iPhone idea from neonode and lg prada. And while were at it, he stole the iPod from k krammer. "innovator" haha, it took 3 years to wait for a video camera for my 3G and it never came. People say he took the neonode and lg prada idea and made it much better. I agree but that's not innovating and why can't samsung take the iPhone idea and make it much much better without getting sued by Apple who stole it in the first place? Oh and I really wish Apple would stop stealing from Android. Come on samsung I need the S2 now!!

hapfath62

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
it's funny how all the apple users are down on samsung i guess there aren't aware that samsung actually manufactures all the parts for apple products. guess apples should build their own then.

hapfath62

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
it's funny how all the apple users are down on samsung i guess there aren't aware that samsung actually manufactures all the parts for apple products. guess apples should build their own then.

eric34

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah, apple is really frightened about the success of android and the samsung galaxy line. And they know that it is a matter of time when apple is again as small as in the pc area, where 60% PCs are sold and 30% iMac (for people who think they are something better than the normal crowd).

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Should have started selling them last month - August 29th is too late.

Samsung is only going to have a couple weeks to themselves before the iPhone 5 juggernaut hits and everyone forgets about the S2.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
It's awesome. I have upgraded a few months ago to the Nexus S and I see little reason to go for this one. I will sit this one out and wait for the next in line. It's everything Nexus S is, except it has a card slot. With 16 GB on board, I hardly feel the need for that, as it takes longer to fill a card than the life span of these phones.
Will hold out until the next Nexus comes out. This is awesome hardware, though, I can tell from the looks/feel of my phone. Blows my friend's iP4 out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.