Samsung Galaxy S2 to be Unveiled in U.S. August 29

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gpog

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Impressive specs but there simply isn't a phone that compares to iPhones ease of use for the masses, hardware fit and finish, and tactile fluidity.

manitoublack

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Hang on a sec. It's available on Newegg right now. Hell, you even posted it in Deals of the day??

Not sure this is an accurate release date.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]that looks too much like an iphone = /not trying to say that apple makes bad looking products... they make AMAZING looking products, i love the minimalistic look, but cmon... i know a copy paste when i see one[/citation]

Man, get a life!! I went to see a Galaxy s2 to the shop and you can't compare it to the expensive-shit iphone. Get one and you will see what I mean, it is so smooth,so fast,so nice looking,so big! apple has nothing on this!

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
Had this phone for a while after an iphone 3Gs and an iphone 4.
To be honest i had had enough of apples itunes and not being able to do what i want with my music. Not having a good music player and all the hassles with iOS were just far to restrictive for me.
Now the Glaxy S2 is in a different league to me. The apps are great, music players are lots and the camera etc is outstanding for a mobile phone.
If you have both phones in your hand you will realise that the iphone and the S2 are TOTALLY different in looks and feel.
I would recommend the S2 to anyone.....

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Jane,

Your specs are incomplete. Its either 16 or 32 GB internal storage. And then plus up to 32 GB in the microSD expansion slot. There were also some tests with 64GB samples of the new microSDXC and they also reportedly worked. But take that with a grain of salt.

lazygordon

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Not being funny, it does look like an iPhone. I am perfectly aware that it is not an iPhone and it may well out perform the iPhone in every metric, but it looks like a knock off. There are loads of touchscreen phones out there which do not look like iPhone copies. This one does. You'd have to be blinded by your hatred of apple or love for android not to see it. Or retarded.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]lazygordon[/nom]Not being funny, it does look like an iPhone. I am perfectly aware that it is not an iPhone and it may well out perform the iPhone in every metric, but it looks like a knock off. There are loads of touchscreen phones out there which do not look like iPhone copies. This one does. You'd have to be blinded by your hatred of apple or love for android not to see it. Or retarded.[/citation]

So you saying your Geo Metro is like my Ferrari because we both have 4 wheels and a steering wheel?

There were some phones before iphone ever existed that looked like iphone...should they be trolls and sue apple, like apple does to everyone?

People like you is why our patent system is so messed up.

lazygordon

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]happyballz[/nom]So you saying your Geo Metro is like my Ferrari because we both have 4 wheels and a steering wheel?There were some phones before iphone ever existed that looked like iphone...should they be trolls and sue apple, like apple does to everyone?People like you is why our patent system is so messed up.[/citation]

I am not saying me Geo Metro is like you Ferrari for two reasons:
1) I don't have a Geo Metro.
2) They don't look the same.

My point has nothing to do with patent law - a phone is a phone is a phone in my book.

It just so happens that the S2 looks very much like an iPhone. Why do people act as if someone did a shit in their drink when this is mentioned?

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
[citation][nom]manitoublack[/nom]Hang on a sec. It's available on Newegg right now. Hell, you even posted it in Deals of the day??Not sure this is an accurate release date.[/citation]

yes no contract versions are available, as these are available worldwide(except the US).

G

Too little too late. I held out for 5 months on this one and have already made up my mind to wait for the next latest/greatest. What else is going to come out in the next 3-4 months?

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]lazygordon[/nom]I am not saying me Geo Metro is like you Ferrari for two reasons: 1) I don't have a Geo Metro.2) They don't look the same.My point has nothing to do with patent law - a phone is a phone is a phone in my book.It just so happens that the S2 looks very much like an iPhone. Why do people act as if someone did a shit in their drink when this is mentioned?[/citation]
1. It was an obvious exaggerated hypothetical comparison, why do I even have to tell you this?

2.It's your personal opinion and I am fine with that. But following your terminology I think ferrari and the metro do look alike... you might not think so but I do. Same as you think that galaxy II looks like whichever iphone. You generalize your outlook- so did i, hence ferrari vs geo.

If you state your opinion at least try to provide some concrete facts. What makes it a copy? As far as I'm concerned phones had rounded edges, phones had 4 x 4 icon screens, phone had middle buttons and touch screens ALL BEFORE iphone so why is it samsung copying the apple and not apple copying others? I mean with statements like you say how can people not lable you as a typical fanboy? All proportions/dimensions, materials, OS are completely different just like the difference between the cars.

I own 2 iphones (3g & 4) and 2 android phones(milestone and captivate) and personally to me they dont look or function anything alike not to mention this galaxy s II is generations ahead of anything apple at the moment.

The point is with views like yours is why patent trolling is happening, generalized outlook like that gives food to patent trolls.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]reebaby03[/nom]I just paid $22.87 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $675 which only cost me $62.81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, BidsGet.com[/citation]

Yeah, and I just got my house ($495,000) for only $1500...I just put in on my VISA...

G

all lcd/led flat panel hdtv look the same across all manufacturer

logicalxtremes

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I have had every iPhone that has ever been released and this iPhone 4 is the biggest piece of $hit phone out !!!! I hate ITunes and I hate apple ios software ! So with that said galaxy S 2 I can't wait to get you in my hand so I can smash this junky ass i 4

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
[citation][nom]logicalxtremes[/nom]I have had every iPhone that has ever been released and this iPhone 4 is the biggest piece of $hit phone out !!!! I hate ITunes and I hate apple ios software ! So with that said galaxy S 2 I can't wait to get you in my hand so I can smash this junky ass i 4[/citation]

I don't get it, you hate iTunes and you hate the iOS then why did you continue to keep buying iPhones since the first 3G, 3GS and 4 uses the same iTunes and iOS. I am pretty sure Android phones has been out before 3GS (or after, not 100% sure).

Sorry but sound like one of my work mates who has been complaining how he hates his job for the past 3 years. If you don't like it, simply don't get it.

G

Does anyone have an unlocked version? If so, does it work with Tmobile's 3g/4g network?

Status
Not open for further replies.