Samsung Galaxy S2 to Receive Android Jelly Bean 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Yeah, unless you are on VZW. In that case, the update will come by about the time your display fails due to old age, and 5 gens of phones have been released. Thank XDA for good alternatives.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Yeah, unless you are on VZW. In that case, the update will come by about the time your display fails due to old age, and 5 gens of phones have been released. Thank XDA for good alternatives.[/citation]
Verizon really is pretty terrible about updates, and Verizon + Motorola is the absolute worst in the industry. Lucky me, I have a Motorola Droid 3 on Verizon. Lo and behold, stuck on Android 2.3. Maybe this might begin to change now that Google owns Motorola, but I haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

G

The 5 people that still have a S2 are happy about this news...

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
My wife will have her S2 until her term is up in 9 months. The camera app with video pause is a great idea. It works awesome on my Note2. I wish my camcorder had this feature. Get your update from Kies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]edwilson[/nom]hey will this fix the soon to be infamous sleep of death on the s2 that MANY people are having..?[/citation]

The technical term for that is called "a flat battery".

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]The 5 people that still have a S2 are happy about this news...[/citation]
I'm disappointed because I have to go onto Kies and update from there.

G

just unlock the bootloader and flash a decent rom that already has the "features" you "need"

don't forget to take a backup so you can fool the RMA people if you physically break your device

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I can live with this, as long as it doesn't completely stop all my current apps from working. i hate when it does that. The last update stopped several of my programs and soundboards from working properly. (They still don't ;; )

Seeing as my S2 isn't even a year old yet, i'm happy to see it still getting support, even if only once in awhile.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Cool. My son and I both have S2 Skyrockets, so this is good for us. My daughter is still waiting on 4.1 on her Note. Hopefully this upgrade will not take as long as the upgrade to 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.