Samsung Galaxy s3 wont turn on or charge

natsuuu

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
I'm trying to fix my mums phone.. She said her phone drained just as a result of flat battery.
Now when I try to charge it a grey battery icon comes up with a loading symbol in it. I can reach the custom OS screen. Not sure if its just a dead battery or if its software/os issues as I'm still stuck on an old samsung with real buttons :D I don't know much else, so help would be appreciated!

mila88

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014
Im having the same problem here! But my charger was damaged by a suddent power shut down so i tryed to charge my tab with another charger and it seemed to work out but then my tab turned off and that grey icone keeped on appearing along with a blue bar that indicate level 1 of chaging and then turn off again... im so confioused......

Eserowland

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014

Julie_clancy_

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
The same kinda thing is happening to me my phone was charged and I used it a bit and it ran out of charge faster than it normally does so I put it on to charge and came back to find my phone is not responding to anything I try turn it on and nothing happen the screen and all the lights are black and I've tried to take out the battery the SIM card the sad card nothing has worked!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!!

paxie

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014

hello. what did you do with this problem? my phone is having the same problem as with yours. thank you!

DVSGREEN

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
im having a similar proplem, my phone is fully charged but when I go to turn it on the Samsung screne pops up but then goes to the grey battery with the loading syomble. I have had this promplem before then it just started working again:bounce:

yoyoROL

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015

happened to me. I went to Samsung, bought new battery and replaced the old one with the new one, now my S3 operated normal, and charged normally. but i figured out something, when my battery goes flat, it won't charge. i switch the battery with my sister's S3 and it's working fine. So, something happened to the firmware inside my S3, fix needed.