Samsung Galaxy S6 Won't Turn On

May 7, 2018
My Samsung Galaxy S6 won't turn on.
It's quite a worrying problem, since the warranty on it expired last December.
I've searched online for solutions but none of them worked.

The last time I had some kind of response was when I tried to turn it on after the battery got depleted. I put it in the charger, and let it sit for half an hour. When I came back and saw 32% on my display, I tried to turn it on and the screen went black without ever turning back on. The LED isn't responsive either.
I've tried booting Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and Download Mode. But my phone just didn't respond, the screen is still black.

However, I did find a clue that might help with finding out what exactly is wrong with my phone. When I hold the power button, a small area around it gets pretty warm.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Since I really don't want to lose those pictures of my late gramps.

May 7, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lomaxa32 : "Samsung Galaxy S6 Won't Turn On"

My Samsung Galaxy S6 won't turn on.
It's quite a worrying problem, since the warranty on it expired last December.
I've searched online for solutions but none of them worked.

The last time I had some kind of response was when I tried to turn it on after the battery got depleted. I put it in the charger, and let it sit for half an hour. When I came back and saw 32% on my display, I tried to turn it on and the screen went black without ever turning back on. The LED isn't responsive either.
I've tried booting Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and Download Mode. But my phone just didn't respond, the screen is still black.

However, I did find a clue that might help with finding out what exactly is wrong with my phone. When I hold the power button, a small area around it gets pretty warm.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Since I really don't want to lose those pictures of my late gramps.