Samsung Galaxy Tab Injunction Lifted Across Europe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

josh jones

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
wow
both of these companies could go the way of the dodo bird and i would not shed a single teardrop
Samsung is a greedy company that should have stayed with ship building ONLY. Apple is a sell out:) no one should really give any empathy to such cold heartless entities,

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
@ Deck , House70 , Richard 226,

Google has had their product on the market for a little while now. How many Android devices are out there currently that do not get updates because the manufactures are too lazy to develop the update? It is easy to point a finger and assume someone is an Apple fan-boy but in reality some people just want something that work as advertised.

@ House70, the last time I checked the Android Market place, certified medical applications are not listed or created, should I wait for one of those companies to put out an application on Android while everyday a patient needs to be seen? Android is a great toy to tinker with but when it comes to saving lives or just wanting something that just works, the the Apple platform has been proven reliable.

@Deck, If someone overhears a conversation about how terrible their tablet is working, one could assume they are talking about an iPad. How do you think Xerox feels every time someone complains that their Xerox is not working and it turns out to be a copier made by another manufacture. Unfortunately in this case, Xerox could not win a court case due to the common name people associate their product with. I drive a hybrid car, I think the quality of the interior is really terrible. Which hybrid do you think I own? What comes into your mind?

@Richard226, Seriously? I mean seriously you are coming to a gun fight with a water pistol? Yeah I think enough people know Apple does not run Flash but did you know that Android's Flash cannot even run programs on Hulu or other sites that use Flash as their transportation medium for videos? Just because Android can run Flash does not mean you have the right to run ANYTHING you want, it is severely limited.

I don't think anyone here would disagree that competition is a bad thing, we need it to advance to the next level. If Android devices will always be devices considered to be beta only ready and Apple starts to add similar features to their device, then that's the way it will be.

Again you can talk back all you want, but in the end, bring your common sense to the table and leave your feelings and attachment to a company that doesn't pay you a dime at home.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]josh jones[/nom]wowboth of these companies could go the way of the dodo bird and i would not shed a single teardropSamsung is a greedy company that should have stayed with ship building ONLY. Apple is a sell out no one should really give any empathy to such cold heartless entities,[/citation]

samsung could be greedy but they make some damn good TVs, and just about anything they make is really good quality. Id miss that quality if they dodoed away

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Again you can talk back all you want, but in the end, bring your common sense to the table and leave your feelings and attachment to a company that doesn't pay you a dime at home.[/citation]
Strange... I was going to say the same to you...
I find Android to be more stable and have more features than an iPad. Although I wouldn't spend money on either, if I woke up one day and found a free iPad on my table I'd never take it out of the box; I'd sell it without a second thought (and if I receive any nagging from my wife, she'd be telling me to sell it faster). If I woke up and found a free Android tablet on my table, it would be gladly used.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Again you can talk back all you want, but in the end, bring your common sense to the table and leave your feelings and attachment to a company that doesn't pay you a dime at home.[/citation]

Apple troll is hungry.

evo_7

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Strange... I was going to say the same to you...I find Android to be more stable and have more features than an iPad. Although I wouldn't spend money on either, if I woke up one day and found a free iPad on my table I'd never take it out of the box; I'd sell it without a second thought (and if I receive any nagging from my wife, she'd be telling me to sell it faster). If I woke up and found a free Android tablet on my table, it would be gladly used.[/citation]

I won't deny that Apple has done some impressive things in the tech sector, but their resorting to lawsuits in a frivolous manner is both childish and tedious. One thing to consider is that many of their devices are hardly innovative but rather with better product development design and interfaces with the support of their consumer-base, they've been able to take leads in many markets.

Their iPods weren't the first MP3 but the implementation of an iTunes software changed how the device was used vs other devices. The iPhone wasn't the phone smartphone with a touchscreen, Pogo GSM phones preceded them by several years (being released in 2001 in britain mainly).

The point is Apple doesn't really "create" all this stuff, it does improve them however. But tossing around lawsuits and especially on products like the Android smartphones begs to question whether Apple is using the patent system disingenuously. Frankly you can complain Andrew about android products but its not as if Apple hasn't had any issues either [with the "your holding it wrong" and the forced upgrades in iOS for certain iPhones coming to mind].

In that respect nothing Apple has created hasn't been done before; they may certainly at times do something better than their competitors but not always. I'm not blind to what Apple does and doesn't, I used to own one. But I also know that Apple has more of a blind user base than any other product.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
now Samsung should sue the Dusseldorf court for lost income as the court didn't have jurisdiction over all EU regions. this world is going bonkers everywhere.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hp needs to go ahead and sue the shit out of Apple. There the only ones who can stand-up and say:
"Hey look Apple made a a device that looks like ours!" because they made tablets before Apple even came up with the idea of a glorified iPod.

aries1470

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Trolling... trolling... troll mode on. Is this thread still active? check. [/end sarcasm]

In regards to the original article. If this is correct, then all shipments of '10.1 can resume in Europe, except Germany.
Now since it is part of the E.U., that would entitle people to order their products from ANY other european country, or walk across the border. Have I got this right?

Now, since the ruling has caused damages to said company "Samsung", that means they can sue for a huge amount of money, for lost revenue, and the court/ judge since they did not have the right to put that kind of injuction, that was out of their jurisdiction, am I correct?

If I am wrong, can someone please correct me ;-)

Now, lets see what else.
Ok, found it:
to "so wacky but true"
the link you posted, I hope you read and understood it ;-)

1st off, they will not have a case, simply put, what you are linking to is a "digital picture frame", not a "pad" / "tablet".
There are many other companies that have a similar design. Although, they can argue that they are using their own design ;-) and hence not infringing on crApples I.P. ( intelectual pause :) )

2nd. The LG Prada predates the iPhone ;-) just a thought. I just don't know if LG patented their design.

Now i am not an (cr)Apple hater, I do like some of their stuff, but have never owned any, and won't mind using one if donated to me. What I do not like, is that they try an patent anything and everything they can, when similar items predated them. Oh yes, I do know they have invented stuff too... Just wish Jobs would leave and go away with his huge lies and baloneis, of which he has also mis-lead people in the past (just look at his own comments about licencing in the late '90's). Wozniak was the better of the two if you ask me.

Trolling mode off. Confirmed ;-)

Now back to WebOS, oh wait, HP took that away before I got a chance of buying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.