Samsung Galaxy Tab Injunction Lifted Across Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard226

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
The Judge actually had a Galaxy Tab and Ipad in his hands before he made the judgement so im not too sure if it was down the the manipulation of evidence. However the main thing that concerns me is that Apple allowed Freshfields (their lawyers) to go through a regional court and they effectivly banned the Tab across the whole of Europe no way they can have that much clout. I was so annoyed that i had to cancel my pre order, wonder how long it will take the shops to start selling them again in the uk.

Richard226

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Eddieroolz, erm this is the new 10.1 not the 7 inch. Its using the latest Android update so its probably the newest one out there. Sony have one coming out in September though.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
This story was so stupid. First The patent simply described any tablet out there. Second, How stupid is the EU? They don't even know if what one judge says applies to the whole union.
herp derp

G

It's funny how Apple still thinks it holds the IP for rounded corners and icon-grid ( especially, when that icon-grid isn't the homepage of the Samsung device ).

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
The injunction issued last week now only applies to Germany as it's unclear if the Regional Court of Dusseldorf is allowed to make decisions on behalf of the European Union.

Let me make one thing clear since it's obvious that news traveling the Atlantic Ocean end up distorted and off target aka jurnalism fail. A regional court of any European country, member of the EU, DOES NOT have any say in the public policy, rules or sanction of the European Union. What is relevant is that Germany is host to the largest distributors of Samsung products for the entire EU. So even if in Germany the sale of Samsung tablets has been halted, it does not affect the other Sovereign States that constitute the rest of the EU.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
so I suppose apple isnt going to have to pay the millions in damages it caused to samsung these last few days. Apple still wins. God I hope HTC halts apple sales

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Having owned several Android Honeycomb tablets in the recent past, I do not see what Apple did as a problem but more of a protection. Android Tablets are not ready for public use, they are flaky and suffer many compatibility issues, optimization issues and quality control issues. When some sees a tablet, they automatically assume it is an iPad, if the person using the tablet says it is not good or the quality is not good, or their experience has not been good, then the other person listening to this might relate theses problems as an Apple problem.

Samsung's commercials says things like "It's time to tab" or " Now its time for a better experience" these blanket statements have no backing because many problems in the marketplace do not work, including Netflix, Blockbuster, or other hardware specific applications.

Maybe with the purchase of Motorola, Google can finally make a device similar to Apple, controlling the quality of it from start to finish. All I see in the Android space right now is greedy manufactures trying to steal money from people.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]All I see in the Android space right now is greedy manufactures trying to steal money from people.[/citation]

That is too funny, I was going to say that about Apple.

deck

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]All I see in the Android space right now is greedy manufactures trying to steal money from people.[/citation]

And Apple is out there for the good of the consumer? You are a fool.

Apple is clearly the greedy one in all this. They are blocking other manufacturers from competing and they are doing it on extremely tenuous assertions of intellectual property.

Lack of choice in the market is bad for the consumer, and allows Apple to gouge the consumer in terms of pricing.

[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Android Tablets are not ready for public use, they are flaky and suffer many compatibility issues, optimization issues and quality control issues. When some sees a tablet, they automatically assume it is an iPad, if the person using the tablet says it is not good or the quality is not good, or their experience has not been good, then the other person listening to this might relate theses problems as an Apple problem.[/citation]

Please re-read what you have posted and tell me honestly is that is not one of the dumbest things posted on the internet. If two people are having a conversion about the quality of a tablet, would not the first question from the non-owner be "what kind of tablet is it?". To think that someone could relate the "problems" you speak of to someone else, but neglect to tell them that it is an Android tablet, is absurd.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
@ GriffinFelix

I believe you have been "waiting" for those items to arrive for a while now.
Same post, different day. And trying to sneak in that website.
You, sir, are nothing but a spammer and have been reported as such.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
@ AndrewMD

dude, I am soooo glad you are not my MD.... You love your locked-in tablet, we all got it.
But to come out here and make ridiculous statements... you know, better to stick to your comfort zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.