Solved! Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 show black screen on photo app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2020
My Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 suddenly show black screen when using photo app. It seem stuck. I could not take pictures or videos anymore. Please help me with this problem.
Thank you.

Solution
Did you:
restart the device

uninstall the photo app and reinstall the app

https://thedroidguy.com/top-4-samsung-galaxy-s4-camera-problems-solutions-included-76511

"How do you fix a black screen on a Galaxy Tab 4?
How to troubleshoot Galaxy Tab S4 with black screen of death?
  1. Press and hold the Volume down button first and don't release it.
  2. Now, press and hold the Power key while holding down the Volume down button.
  3. Keeps both keys held down together for 45 seconds or more."

reset the tablet to factory defaults if this didn´t help

connect it via USB to a PC/laptop and try updating it if there are available updates

if this won´t work, you might need to replace the camera module. Is it still...
Mar 2, 2020
Oh, I am sorry what I meant is my Samsung Tab S4 CAMERA stop working. It show black screen and does not response to touch. I can't take pictures with it anymore. Please help.

Did you:
restart the device

uninstall the photo app and reinstall the app

https://thedroidguy.com/top-4-samsung-galaxy-s4-camera-problems-solutions-included-76511

"How do you fix a black screen on a Galaxy Tab 4?
How to troubleshoot Galaxy Tab S4 with black screen of death?
  1. Press and hold the Volume down button first and don't release it.
  2. Now, press and hold the Power key while holding down the Volume down button.
  3. Keeps both keys held down together for 45 seconds or more."

reset the tablet to factory defaults if this didn´t help

connect it via USB to a PC/laptop and try updating it if there are available updates

if this won´t work, you might need to replace the camera module. Is it still under warranty? Then RMA it.
If not, this might help:
Samsung Tab S4

Solution
Aug 15, 2020
My Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 suddenly show black screen when using photo app. It seem stuck. I could not take pictures or videos anymore. Please help me with this problem.
Thank you.

Did you get the issue resolved? I am having the same issue with the Galaxy Tab S4. It started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. The tablet itself works fine, but the cameras, both front and back, are not working which affects facial recognition to unlock the tablet. I cleared the cache and data and rebooted it. The front camera then worked for facial recognition, but then the rear facing camera has the same issue. I have babied the device and in the almost 2 years I've had it, use it just a few times a month if that. I do check it's battery and make sure it gets charged and never sits completely empty. Just seems strange. It happened when I was using WhatsApp video in Secure Folder in the dark and all of a sudden the camera stopped working. I thought it was just the call, but noticed the problem has persisted. I have update the OS the front camera works intermittently the rear camera does not. I purchased an extended warranty, so will take it in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.