Samsung HT j5500 speaker surround speaker and center speaker not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shusham

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
Every one asking but not a single solving answer about home theatre that only front 2 speaker working and woofer but center and 2 surrounding speaker not working. I am trying it on my samsung HT j5500 . Dobt know any answer will come or not

Solution
As usual, MANUAL IS GODSPEL, I dove straight into the picture of the back with all the connectors REVEALS a treasure trove.

1. You should be able to play BluRay discs, as is, no problem, all speakers blaring. If it doesn't return this faulty unit.

2. Playing from the HDMI-connected TV and if BOTH have ARC ENABLED, and broadcast station is sending you DOLBY DIGITAL, again, all speakers, no sweat.

3. Playing ANYTHING else, like a PC, MUST USE OPTICAL INPUT. As long as source is surround, again no problem.

4. If whatever you are playing is STEREO (2 channels), there is a button on your remote labeled DSP/EQ, one of its mode, M-Stereo, will take 2 channels and play on all speakers.

You are welcome.
As usual, MANUAL IS GODSPEL, I dove straight into the picture of the back with all the connectors REVEALS a treasure trove.

1. You should be able to play BluRay discs, as is, no problem, all speakers blaring. If it doesn't return this faulty unit.

2. Playing from the HDMI-connected TV and if BOTH have ARC ENABLED, and broadcast station is sending you DOLBY DIGITAL, again, all speakers, no sweat.

3. Playing ANYTHING else, like a PC, MUST USE OPTICAL INPUT. As long as source is surround, again no problem.

4. If whatever you are playing is STEREO (2 channels), there is a button on your remote labeled DSP/EQ, one of its mode, M-Stereo, will take 2 channels and play on all speakers.

You are welcome.

Solution

Shusham

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

Shusham

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
I found the solution. A clear guide to all who search this issue that...with your home theater remote u have to change speaker mode to stereo. and then your all 5 sound will work.

Arturo_13

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017

When I press the button DSP/EQ doesn't do nothing, help

james94laffey

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017

Just wondering if you got this sorted. I'm having the same problem but only on my Xbox. On DVD and home cinema apps all speakers work fine no problems. It's just when I switch it to digital output only the front 2 and subwoofer works. Any help much appreciated thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.