Samsung laptop 10-Key Pad not working

Legal_SHO

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I have a Samsung laptop and recently the number keys on the right side (10 key pad) do not work except for the #5. What could be the malfunction? I used it every day for school work especially as an accounting and economics major. All of a sudden it doesn't work except for #5; I noticed more problems with my system it seems since I had to conveniently download Chrome in order to get Windows 8 to work for many of my school programs. How sweet of Microsoft and Google to climb into bed together and force use of both products simultaneously. Anyway, it's not old it's about 2 years at max; it came with Windows 7, intel, CORE i3, and no virus has been detected when scanned. The thing seems slower and more unresponsive since this Windows 8 update and the installation of Chrome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

theshiptons

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

I have the same problem with my Samsung, only bought it about 5 months ago and have struggled with it on and off since day 1. Have spoken to Samsung many times and they say it is a software conflict, they won't do anything as they say it's my problem as it must be something I've installed. I'm at my wits end as being a bookkeeper this machine is close to useless, it cost me £500.00.

Legal_SHO

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Legal_SHO

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Kidwelly

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I also have a Samsung R530 laptop which has worked fine for several years but has just developed exactly the same problem, i.e. the number pad won't work consistently (except for the '5' which has no directional key associated with it).' Num lock' appears to be turning on properly. I'm running Windows 7 and have not changed anything recently. The odd thing is that it works sometimes and not others. Help!

m29london

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Hi,
in windows 7,
Go to "control panel" then "Ease Of Access" then click on the "change how your keyboard works"
on the new screen uncheck "turn on Mouse Keys" (turn it off)
also uncheck "turn on Filters keys"
now click Ok and exit. your numeric keypad and should work now. if it is not working click on the "Num Lock" on your keypad.

in windows 8
from the sign-in screen Select the Ease of Access button in the lower-left corner of your screen, or press the Windows logo key+U
or just search for ease of access. then choose "how your keyboard works" then uncheck "turn on Mouse Keys" and
uncheck "turn on Filters keys".

vwswap

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014

I had problems with the 10 key pad also, but just with the number ZERO. I found if I hit the "Fn Lock" button on the top (to left of the Insert key on my keyboard) and the number ZERO on the 10 key pad, I got it to toggle back to work. Hope it helps.