Samsung laptop (kind you can separate from keyboard and use as a tablet) automatically goes right to "shutting down" screen

Breesieboo

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
After installing updates (i believe it was quite a few); when computer is supposed to shut down to finish installing the updates hasn't stayed on since. I hit the power button everything is as it should be but within a min or so says shutting down and turns off

Solution
Try making sure that the laptop has no possible way to connect to the internet. Either go where there is no WiFi or turn off the WiFi where you are. If connected via Ethernet, then disconnect it.

Then try restarting the laptop and see if it works.

The reason being is that sometimes when Windows 10 updates, and one or more of them doesn't install correctly, rather than just moving on and telling you that, like prior versions, no it has a nervous breakdown and will just not start correctly. Why they haven't fixed that flaw yet I don't know. However, if that is the cause of your issue, it should then turn on just fine. Once it is on (if it works), you can reconnect to the internet.
Try making sure that the laptop has no possible way to connect to the internet. Either go where there is no WiFi or turn off the WiFi where you are. If connected via Ethernet, then disconnect it.

Then try restarting the laptop and see if it works.

The reason being is that sometimes when Windows 10 updates, and one or more of them doesn't install correctly, rather than just moving on and telling you that, like prior versions, no it has a nervous breakdown and will just not start correctly. Why they haven't fixed that flaw yet I don't know. However, if that is the cause of your issue, it should then turn on just fine. Once it is on (if it works), you can reconnect to the internet.

Solution