Samsung Laptop Radeon Card Disabled

Jacob_50

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
My computer has the IntelHD 4000 and a Radeon HD 8700M.

After upgrading my Samsung laptop to Windows 10, the brightness controls no longer worked. What I then did was change the driver for the IntelHD 4000 to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. This fixed the issue, and everything was fine until I tried to plug my laptop into my TV via HDMI. The computer would not recognize that there was another monitor plugged in. I switched the driver back to the IntelHD 4000 but it still didn't work.

At this point, I tried uninstalling the AMD driver using Display Driver Uninstaller than reinstalling it but that still didn't resolve my issue.

When I would right click on my desktop, I used to see an option for configuring switchable graphics but that is no longer there. This leads me to think that when I switched from the IntelHD driver the the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter that the switchable graphics got disconnected.

When looking in Radeon Settings > System, it says that my hardware is disabled. Looking in Device Manager though, both of my drivers are enabled.

Any help in what I can do to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Laptop Model: Samsung NP880Z5E

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD driver.
- Check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from AMD's support site.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.
- After the reboot make sure to set AMD to High Performance.
- Connect your external monitor and press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Duplicate or Extended display.