Samsung Laptop stuck at samsung icon screen

Input Username

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
So 2 days ago i had a major computer problem with random freezes and black screens, i factory reseted the computer and that seemed to fix the problem. Afterwards Windows Update needed to update 36 different things and i had to shut it down. Closed it with the power button and done.

Now it gets stuck either at the samsung screen with the loading circle underneath and sometimes it goes to a black screen with a cursor and nothing happens. Ive tried spamming F2 and Shift + F8 but nothing. Btw its a Windows 8.1

Edit: it seems like if i leave it open for a long while ill go from Samsung screen > black screen with cursor > configuring windows functions > restarting > repeat.

That seems to be the process

noisekiller

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015
what you descrived seems to be bad os.
try reinstall windows. and if after u installed it/ the problem happends again, then you have a bad hdd.

to try to fix it after u renstalled windows try to defrag the hard drive in safe mode

when you buy new hard drive i recomend ssd.

60gb ssd will be enough for daily use.
32 gb will run windows. but will be very space limited for downloads

do you use ssd on the leptop now or hdd?

Input Username

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Hello Noisekiller! I cant access safe mode because of no options coming up to take me there. Its Simply stuck on 4 different screens
1. Samsung logo and loading circle
2. Black screen with or without cursor
3. Text saying "configuring windows update X% done, do not shut down the laptop
4. Restarting
And thats about it

aKwee

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

I experienced the same one just this morning.
Samsung Notebook Series 6, running Windows 10.
Because of the stupid Win10 start button was not working, I reset the PC last night.
it was working okay, I have installed Office etc. and this morning when booting up stuck at Samsung logo..