Samsung Launching AMOLED Phone Next Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

botabota

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
"Super AMOLED"
Great! we are expanding on the acronym...
First it was LED, then OLED, then AMOLED...
guess we now have SAMOLED :p

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]botabota[/nom]"Super AMOLED" Great! we are expanding on the acronym...First it was LED, then OLED, then AMOLED...guess we now have SAMOLED[/citation]
LED and OLED are quite different.
LED = LCD/TFT with LED backlighting.
OLED = every pixel is a LED, and provides it's own lighting (such as a plasma screen, but a hell of a lot more efficient).

botabota

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I haven't said anything about being different/same... just talking about acronym.... please don't get me wrong

G

OLED = organic LED, and as stated, due to the organic nature, each pixel is self illuminating

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Let's all try not to jump on the silly trend where LED = LED backlit LCD. It'll just get confusing in the future. An LED display is a display in which the pixels are individual LEDs (or triplets in the case of color). They are used in some outdoor displays and 'jumbotrons' Maybe LED backlit LCDs should be called LBLCDs?

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Dear Jane,
As awesome as another AMOLED phone sounds, I do not think that Tom's should be promoting carcinogenic products.

I believe that any phone that requires gloves to hold should certainly not be held to one's ear.

With regards,
I-

G

Its because they are in a static free environment, not because its going to kill you

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]Dear Jane, As awesome as another AMOLED phone sounds, I do not think that Tom's should be promoting carcinogenic products.I believe that any phone that requires gloves to hold should certainly not be held to one's ear.With regards,I-[/citation]

You do know thats a dust/static safety suit because they are probably in a development lab where exposed circuit boards are kept... right?

Hope Slayer

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
[citation][nom]superblahman123[/nom]You do know thats a dust/static safety suit because they are probably in a development lab where exposed circuit boards are kept... right?[/citation]

Comprehension fail.

It's called sarcasm.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
@Hope Slayer

sarcasm: some people aren't smart enough to know these things
(NOTE: this is NOT sarcasm but a said, said, very said thruth)

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I meant that some people really are that stupid.
And we shouldn't laugh in their face, but help them understand to avoid misunderstandings. Because stupid people usually are quite vocal.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I live in beautiful sunny southern Arizona where the sun shines 350 days a year. I was wondering when someone was going to make a screen that worked in full sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.