Samsung Makes World's Thinnest LCD Yet at 0.15''

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusmurphy

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
The real question is how much can they make the overall TV thinner. Just because the panel is that thin doesn't necessarily mean anything... yet

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Who Cares, I dont think I would want a TV thinner than one inch. Why dont they work on picture quality instead, and impress me that way.

SlitelyOff

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
SleepingMenstral :
"Lol is it just me, or does the chic in the screen look hotter ?"
"Funny, I was thinking the same thing..."

That's because the one in the TV image is in HD!

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
5000:1 is pretty decent for a contrast ratio, you have to see that 90% of the products out there are listing dynamic contrast ratios (the only way they can advertise the absurd 40,000:1 type numbers).

Many LCD monitors now advertise 5,000 - 20,000 contrast ratios (My Samsung 22" for instance lists 3,000:1 rated in dynamic contrast of course).

The true native contrast ratio of these panels range from around 400:1 to (maybe) pushing 1000:1 but those numbers aren't going to sell their product very well.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]Who Cares, I dont think I would want a TV thinner than one inch. Why dont they work on picture quality instead, and impress me that way.[/citation]

It specifically states that it gives up nothing in terms of high def quality. So someone finds a way to make a great looking screen ridiculously thin and you complain? Of course we have not seen it but I think it's a safe assumption that Samsung did not say "screw the picture quality, let's just make it really thin".

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
So you are telling me that Ill have that ordered and shipped in and i will feel comfortable to actually pick it up and place it without breaking it? Im already feeling sorry for the poor tv. Other than that its awesome they managed to make it that thin. Size does matter. One way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.