Samsung Makes Your Chores High-Tech With Wi-Fi Washing

Status
Not open for further replies.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Well, this is perfect! Now all they have to do is find a way to...I got it!

Have a washer on top of a dryer (unconventional, yes), and when the washer is done and the water has been drained, the bottom portion of the washer opens up and dumps the wet clothes into the dryer - and automatically start the dryer upon closing the hatch. All that needs to happen now is an automated process to fill up the washer and a way for clothes to be automatically dumped from a dryer to a bin to be folded up by a machine. :-D

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]You still need to reach the washing machine access your cloths, so having Wi-Fi is kinda useless.[/citation]

You have never washed your own cloth I guess :)

Our washer/dryer is in the Garage. Washing cycle... 20 minutes, drying cycle 35 minutes.
If you need to do several loads it is nice to be reminded where the dryer is in its cycle so you can start the next wash. Also, you don't have to run all over the house just to check if the dryer is finished and ready for the next load !

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]supall[/nom]Well, this is perfect! Now all they have to do is find a way to...I got it!Have a washer on top of a dryer (unconventional, yes), and when the washer is done and the water has been drained, the bottom portion of the washer opens up and dumps the wet clothes into the dryer - and automatically start the dryer upon closing the hatch. All that needs to happen now is an automated process to fill up the washer and a way for clothes to be automatically dumped from a dryer to a bin to be folded up by a machine. :-D[/citation]

Or simply integrate a dryer function into a washing machine :)

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Or simply integrate a dryer function into a washing machine :)[/citation]

Well, you could save yourself the hassle and buy one of the many washer/dryer combos already on the market. But if you insist on making your own, you could always pull an Apple and after you've made it, claim it's a "world first" and sue the other companies for their lack of vision!

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Smart homes have been gaining popularity in South Korea for couple years now. My uncle's home in SK has everything hooked up online. Kinda weird imo...

blevsta

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Front loading washer = mildew after a year or so of use. Look at any reviews. I even have the Samsung with "Silver care". I need to use washing machine cleaner to kill the mildew monthly now. I live in a desert. Not impressed.

Hopefully some of the future designs can come up with a solution for that too.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]blevsta[/nom]Front loading washer = mildew after a year or so of use.[/citation] My parents have had a Maytag front loader for over 8 years and it's been an effortless machine to own. Mildew may depend on the detergent you use, we used All detergent plus a shot of Oxyclean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.