Samsung Optical Out

BOGISTL

Prominent
May 4, 2017
My Samsung TV is connected via HDMI to my Bose home theatre. The Bose controls, power and Audio for all devices. Recently, my father came to live with me and requires an audio out that connects via RCA to a streaming device for his hearing aids. I have know how to use the optical and converter to get to RCA jacks. My question is this...If I connect the audio out of the TV to his device, will it change/stop the sound going to and coming out of the Bose system. The guy from Samsung could not answer my question

If Samsung doesn't know the only way to find out is to try turning on the optical audio output on the Samsung. If it allows you to turn it on and the audio continues to work on the Bose then you should be OK.
If it doesn't work then you could use an HDMI ARC audio extractor which would provide an optical (for the Bose) and analog (for the hearing aid transmitter)..
https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor-Support-Converter-VHD-H2HARC/dp/B00LKF6CPG

If Samsung doesn't know the only way to find out is to try turning on the optical audio output on the Samsung. If it allows you to turn it on and the audio continues to work on the Bose then you should be OK.
If it doesn't work then you could use an HDMI ARC audio extractor which would provide an optical (for the Bose) and analog (for the hearing aid transmitter)..
https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor-Support-Converter-VHD-H2HARC/dp/B00LKF6CPG

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Audio 2
B Audio 2
C Audio 1
S Audio 1
L Audio 8
R Audio 3
J Audio 1
A Audio 1
L Audio 5
K Audio 2
F Audio 2
A Audio 7
L Audio 10
D Audio 2
M Audio 4
L Audio 1
B Audio 8
General_Lee862000 Audio 5
M Audio 3
S Audio 2
Similar threads
Question Samsung TV optical digital audio to analog Technics receiver
Solved! How to hook up Samsung soundbar to rca tv and Android box...tv doesn't have a optical port..
I have new Samsung tv with a connect box with one optical plug. No rca plugs. I have a sound bar connected to the optical port
Solved! UN55J6200 Samsung smart TV optical bluetooth adapter
Connecting Samsung tv to subwoofer with 5 speakers by optical lead
Samsung Ku 6000 43 inch can not connect head phones no bluetooth only optical out port
How can i connect my samsung smart tv to my klh audio system with optical cord to get soundal
optical audio out on samsung tv
Is Samsung Smart TV with optic plug connecting to a Bose Sound Touch tv
I bought samsung m5570 led smart tv and best buy 2.1 samsung speaker...When I connect both with optical cable via connector bu
how do i connect my jensen digital tv to my samsung soundbar without the optical cord
Samsung optical out not working ?
Is there a optical audio splitter that is compatible with Samsung tvs. The 2 that I bought from Amazon do not work.
How to connect bluetooth speakers to Samsung TV RCA input, while having a sound bar connected to the optical?
how to connect samsung smart tv k5570 that have hdmi arc & optical output with a 5.1 speakers of only having aux port as a i
I just bought a Samsung SOUNDBAR with a HDMI ARC INPUT AND A HDMI PLUS OPTICAL INPORT And I HAVE 3 HDMI imports on my TV , I h
Need help: best way to connect onkyo a-9010 amplifier to Samsung smart tv? The onkyo only has d1 coaxial and d2 optical digita
trying to get surround sound from pc to samsung htj-4500 through optical cable...
how do I get sound through my speakers using a optical cable (New Sony receiver to Samsung TV) for Netflex?
I have a Samsung UN32J5003AFXZA LED HDTV with only a Optical Digital Audio Out,how do I hook up wireless headphones

ASK THE COMMUNITY