Solved! Samsung plasma (model PN50C540) has many horizonal black lines

Feb 15, 2021
The black lines also cover the system menu choice when viewing the menu.. If the plasm panel itself is to blame, I know a new panel is crazy expensive. But, if I could replace the right boards for a reasonable cost, I'd like to try. I have cleaned the connections to the plasma panel, but that didn't change anything.

Feb 15, 2021
I appreciate the video. Although "TampaTech" is always helpful, this video is too broad to point me in the right direction. I know I either need to replace the Y-Buffer & Y-Sustain together or blame the black horizontal lines on a bad plasma panel. IF it's a bad plasma panel, I plan to sell the boards to a local repair shop. The problem with that scenario is that "local repair shops" are hard to find in this day and age.

Feb 15, 2021
I ran the Y-Buffer "short test" using 2 different multimeters and they both confirmed that Y-Buffer IS GOOD. Not once did I get a nice long beep (or zero ohms). Maybe for fun, I'll search Craigslist, Ebay, or Facebook Market Place to see if someone has a working Plasm Display Panel (PDP) for this TV and is selling it for pennies. Of, I just sell the boards since I know they work beautifully.