Question Samsung Lines

Oct 3, 2020
Have a Samsung 55 inch LCD TV, MN : LN55B650T1FXZA. 2 weeks ago I was watching tv and noticed some vertical lines begin to appear. Shut tv down and on restart the lines became more defined and no picture. Restarted and lines came back and the tv started turning on and off on its own. Unplugged and researched problem. Most say the ribbon wire connections between the boards could be loose or the T-con board could be at fault. Inspected and cleaned still no change. Contacted Encompass they said board and tv parts were discontinued. Searched around and found a board at Electroparts .com, bought a T-con board, installed and the same lines appeared only this time the lines stayed colorful for 10 min. then the tv became white with faded vertical lines, a black cloud on right 1/3 if screen around the middle and the tv still starts and stops. I put my old T-con board back in and tv reacts the same. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd replace it, sounds like the screen is failing unless you want to pretty much gut the TV and replace every other board in it before it. 55" TVs are the standard lower end size now, easy to replace, not worth the cost to buy parts to fix. A used one can be found for maybe $200.

Oct 14, 2020
Habe you tried changing the flat wire connectors instead? Poor signally transfer between boards via the flat cables can be a possibility as well. Finally, check the voltages on the PCB attached to the panel. Make sure you get the Vin, VGH, VGL, Vss, Vadd all correct.