Samsung Reveals New Android ''Honeycomb'' OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Personally, I'm more intrigued by the idea of the hardware that will utilize this unknown Android OS - the "next generation tablet," for which Honeycomb is "specifically optimized." Let more slip, Samsung reps.

Confused Stu

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Couple of typos - Froyo is Android 2.2, not 2.1 as it's listed in the article; and Gingerbread's recommended specs are 512MB of RAM, not 512MB or RAM.

Thanks for the info about Honeycomb, sounds interesting. Keep the info coming guys! :)

crossbow82

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Seriously these companies need to lower the price of these tablets. For the same price I can get a 13 inch laptop with a lot more connectivity and flexibility IMO.

I guess we'll find out sooner or later what Honycomb is. But in the meantime... would you like fries with those?

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
I believe I saw somewhere else that Honeycomb was the code name for the next iteration of Android after Gingerbread.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Half the phones out now don't support 2.2 "yet", 75% won't support "gingerbread" at all, and 100% won't support "honeycomb".

What a joke of a platform.

the_wolf88

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Thank GOD my Galaxy S specs match the the minimum requirement for Gingerbread !!

Samsung still didn't release Froyo for Galaxy S and now Gingerbread in coming in mid oct ?!

Come on Samsung hurry up !

danieth

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Google really seems to be upping the ante, Gingerbread looks good (especially with there own Itunes), and there is very little information on Honeycomb... I wonder if Google will actually comment on this, or just play it cool like it came out on purpose.

It sounds like Honeycomb will become the more norm, and i don't know that everyone is going to want a 3.5+ inch screen cell phone (if it will be used as a smartphone OS). Years ago Motorola made flip phone that was "cool" and now, having a 4+ inch screen is "cool". I like a bigger screen, but i would like having a smaller screen with more battery, and still have a strong processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.