Samsung S6 Third party calling app turns off after 5 mins with the screen off

AwkwardLemon

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
So I have an Samsung S6. I often phone people up using an app called LINE and it works pretty well. The only problem is I need to keep the screen on, if the screen goes off, it works fine for about 5 mins and then the app closes. It should just carry on in the background with the screen off.

Now I'm pretty confident I know why its happening. My router is fine. I don't know if its a third party app. I'm pretty sure its my phone which is doing it to preserve battery life because I've noticed the line go quiet a few times and I've managed to turn the screen on in time before it closes the app, and suddenly the call picks up again and we can hear each other. I've gone through all of my settings and I've had a look at all of my apps to see if i can disable this power saving app. Nothing. I've had a look all over the internet to this problem. Nothing. I have no clue how to fix this. Any ideas?

Solution
If you want the phone's screen to not go dim or dark then you just have to go into the phone's "Settings" (when you aren't running the other app) and tap "Display". In there you should see an option for "Sleep". Tap that and just change the amount of time. Most phones don't allow for never, but some do. Many will give you 30 or even 60 min before the screen will sleep.

Please note though, this will seriously drain the battery. The display uses a lot of power.

You may want to contact the creators of the app and get them to fix it so that it doesn't turn off just because the screen goes dark. Most apps stay on and working, even when the screen is dark.

AwkwardLemon

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
Allow Background data usage is turned on for LINE. Allow unrestricted data usage is on for LINE. It has all permissions turned on. In battery settings I've put LINE on the unmonitored apps list list. I've disabled peel remote and avast since I've heard that can cause problems. The phone is not on any battery saving mode. Nothing has worked.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from AwkwardLemon : "Samsung S6 Third party calling app turns off after 5 mins with the screen off"

If you want the phone's screen to not go dim or dark then you just have to go into the phone's "Settings" (when you aren't running the other app) and tap "Display". In there you should see an option for "Sleep". Tap that and just change the amount of time. Most phones don't allow for never, but some do. Many will give you 30 or even 60 min before the screen will sleep.

Please note though, this will seriously drain the battery. The display uses a lot of power.

You may want to contact the creators of the app and get them to fix it so that it doesn't turn off just because the screen goes dark. Most apps stay on and working, even when the screen is dark.

Solution